Hi from NZ

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems I have been a bit naughty in not introducing myself but I'm Mike and I'm a Pentax User. There I have said it. I live in a small coastal town on NZ's North Island. After 20+ years in the microfilm industry, I now do photography purely for enjoyment. I am interested in landscape and macro but at the moment, I'm concentrating my efforts at astrophotography. My new scope and I have a date with the Universe but the weather gods have other ideas. Hopefully this summer will pan out and I look forward to participating in this forum. Cheers. :bonk:

Hi Mike welcome:)

Hi, Welcome, My late uncle lived in Wanganui (y)

A very warm welcome and I look forward to seeing your work on the forums.(y)

Hello Mike
Dive in to your summer work and post it for us as we push through our winter months!
Our family friends are S Island near Winton and they have wonderful weather (sometimes!!!)
Looking forward to seeing your work

Cheers guys and gals. Nice to feel wanted. :plus1:

Hi, Welcome, My late uncle lived in Wanganui (y)

Lived there myself back in the dark ages. My wife has threatened me with a weekend there at some point. It is a 2 hr drive from here..

Hello Mike
Dive in to your summer work and post it for us as we push through our winter months!
Our family friends are S Island near Winton and they have wonderful weather (sometimes!!!)

Summer is supposed to be another warm one. Last summer got up to 35C on some days. I used to live in Dunedin and often tripped around Southland. The light in the South Island is magical.

Hi Sara. Hope you have clear skies. (y)

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Mike!
It's very good to have you here and I hope you make yourself at home.

We really are a very friendly bunch with loads of great advice on hand . . . although you may find us slightly disorganised at the moment.
In case you haven't seen it we've just moved over to a brand new forum and we're just getting things settled back down :)

Back