East Anglia Hi from Peterborough UK

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks

New here but not new to photography. I started with 35mm in the '70s and have used medium format film as well. After a long break, I got into digital around 2004 and have had a few cameras since then.

Due to slight mobility issues, and the fact I don't drive, I rarely get out and about to do landscapes any more. When I do, it is usually when my better half is free as she still works but virtually impossible for me to get anywhere at the times I would like. However, I still love using my camera.

Never had the top end stuff. My first digital DSLR was a Nikon D40 followed by a Nikon D3300 both of which I still have. I wanted a smaller setup last year and bought the Sony a6000 but, although a decent camera, I never really got on with it. I traded it in earlier this year for my current favourite camera, the LUMIX LX100 which really suits me, although I wish it had a tilt screen for those low shots which my arthritic knees don't make easy.

I am now totally sold on Lumix and would like a G80 but cannot really justify the cost as I would not want extra lenses, I like to keep the carrying as light as I can.

I am a big fan of black & white and have a custom setup on the LX100 so I mostly use it as a 'mono film compact' at the press of a button. The camera has a very nice, almost film look, in mono which I love. Most of my mono shots are edited in Snapseed direct from the camera via wifi to my iPad or, for the more serious stuff, I convert the RAW files in Lightroom and finish them off in Silver Effex Pro using a preset to maintain the 'look' I like.

Looking forward to getting to know people on here and picking up some tips from the great photography I have seen so far.

Oh, yes, I tend to ramble on so I will shut up....... :)

Hi Graham, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

:welcome: to the forum Graham :wave:

Back