Hi from Staines in Surrey ...

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi all
Just joined, saying hello, live in Staines, also wondered if anyone might be able to help me with an issue on my old Canon 5D Mark I, or does it need to be posted in another Forum? Purchased it second hand last year, just really started using it, noticed that there are these "filament" like lines coming out from the bottom of every image. Happens with every lens, so know it's the camera, I've visually inspected, and cleaned the Sensor. Is my sensor shot?

Hopefully you can see the image below?
/media/img_8122.12825/

full

You need to copy/paste the "Share BB [ IMG ] Code" link, third one down on the right hand panel of your gallery page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Steve :welcome:

I'm sure a knowledgeable person will be along shortly (y)

Hi David
thanks for the response, it seems that I need to post 3 times before I can show links I think. It seemed to let me upload the file though, and it can be found at https://www.talkphotography.co.uk
and then appending

/media/img_8122.12825/

Hope you can see it

Steve.

Hi Steve, And welcome aboard TP. "Enjoy".

Be great to get some views on why those lines are appearing at the bottom of all my photos

Same on all pics (regardless of lens?) - could be the glass over the sensor is cracked? Have a look and remember everything is reversed compared to the pic.

Same on all pics (regardless of lens?) - could be the glass over the sensor is cracked? Have a look and remember everything is reversed compared to the pic.

Taking a second look I'd say too curved for cracks, more organic in nature - like fungus tendrils.

Thanks Furtim, that was my fear...I have asked a local guy to see if he can do anything about it...otherwise its probably heading for the bin

Taking a second look I'd say too curved for cracks, more organic in nature - like fungus tendrils.

Sadly, as soon as I saw those lines and the propagation I thought it looked like fungus 'attack' :(

PS @Steve Pearce welcome to TP :)

Hi
Took it into a local guy in the end, he confirmed it looked like fungus in between the sensor and filter. He was able to clean it up, so am well chuffed
Thanks again for everyone's replies on this

Welcome Steve,

but isn't Staines in Middlesex?

Glad you got your camera seen to - I would've recommended a guy in Brentford had you been stuck.

Hi Peter
It used to be in Middlesex, but is now Surrey, and is now officially "Staines-Upon-Thames" (y)
Not sure if Middlesex actually exists anymore?

and there I thought you were trying to dissociate yourself further from Ali G Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

You learn something new every day - I thought Surrey was south of the Thames and Middlesex North, says he who lives in Richmond.

Hi Peter
It used to be in Middlesex, but is now Surrey, and is now officially "Staines-Upon-Thames" (y)
Not sure if Middlesex actually exists anymore?

Hi & welcome,

Glad you got the fungus sorted

It doesn't exist anymore, atleast not on a meaningful level - there's not a county council & no postal address needed. There is a middlesex football association (which Staines is part of, even though its in Surrey) and a cricket club.

Back