Hi from the midlands

Mrg

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I am new to participating in forums and, if I am honest lack the confidence in showing my images.

I have enjoyed photography since the age of 17 when I bought my first DSLR, a Canon AE-1 Program (35mm Film). I first ventured into digital photography with the Canon 350D when it was released in 2005 and have since moved on to the 70D (sports / video / events ie my local village festival) and the 6D (mainly Landscape, sometimes portrait). I was recently persuaded to look at the Fuji X system and ended up buying a X-T20 for travel and street. You guessed it, I suffer with that common condition known as GAS:LOL::LOL:.

The reason for joining? I have been told by family members that I take good shots but I wanted to get other opinions outside of the family circle. Honest and constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to add an image here but it keeps asking me for a URL. Is there no way of uploading from my PC?

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Reactions: Mrg
Hi,

I am new to participating in forums and, if I am honest lack the confidence in showing my images.

I have enjoyed photography since the age of 17 when I bought my first DSLR, a Canon AE-1 Program (35mm Film). I first ventured into digital photography with the Canon 350D when it was released in 2005 and have since moved on to the 70D (sports / video / events ie my local village festival) and the 6D (mainly Landscape, sometimes portrait). I was recently persuaded to look at the Fuji X system and ended up buying a X-T20 for travel and street. You guessed it, I suffer with that common condition known as GAS:LOL::LOL:.

The reason for joining? I have been told by family members that I take good shots but I wanted to get other opinions outside of the family circle. Honest and constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to add an image here but it keeps asking me for a URL. Is there no way of uploading from my PC?

Your image needs to be about 1000px on the longest side and no more than 350Kb (I think)

Then simply drag an image to the reply box and it will then appear.

To get the pics the right size you could download Easy Thumbnails:

http://www.fookes.com/easy-thumbnails

An excellent FREE program I've used for years.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

BTW the 350D as the first DSLR I had and I used it for 5 years until I felt the need to move on - it is an excellent camera.

Hi and welcome to the forum :welcome:

I too was a bit shy of showing my images, but the forum members are really helpful and the comments help you improve (y)

Hi Mrg

Welcome and hope you enjoy the forum.
Get some photos up, there are plenty of good folks on here to give advice and answer all your questions.

Matt (from the sunny West Mids)

Thanks everyone:). These are some photos of my mother taken yesterday whilst testing out my new 85mm f/1.8

2017May24 Hewett 85mm Portrait Test Ma Social Media-5.jpg 2017May24 Hewett 85mm Portrait Test Ma Social Media-2.jpg

Attachments

• 2017May24 Hewett 85mm Portrait Test Ma Social Media-2.jpg
    2017May24 Hewett 85mm Portrait Test Ma Social Media-2.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back