Hi from West Yorkshire

Name
Tilly
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys
Thought I'd best day hello in the welcome section as I've been on the site for about a week. I love the site and looking at everyone's pictures and comments.
I considered buying a camera a while ago but never got around to it and after seeing a poster in a local hall I use advertising a club it got me considering it again. After a quick visit to Google I found the site and considering buying changed to definitely buying. After receiving some advice from members I picked a camera and lens and now I'm just waiting for them to arrive so I can get started shooting.
I look forward to posting my pictures and receiving advice on how to improve as I've only really used as point and shoot digital camera. I'm not a complete beginner with regards to DSLR cameras though as I've used dads old Canon he has from back in the 80's when he used to go to the Formula 1.
I look forward to getting to know everyone and seeing people's pics and sharing my own.
Craig

Welcome Craig, where abouts you from?

There's a few of us from around the area and we do meet up if you ever fancy some company.

Me and Dan @drooke are both between Huddersfield and Halifax and meet up fairly regularly for a bit of wildlife ,landscape and now the darker nights are upon us, some night time stuff, if you want to join us you're more than welcome.

Also have a look in the 'Meet up' section, next big meet is Cumbria, 13/14/15th Oct, cheers

Edit- Link to save you looking for thread https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/lake-district-autumn-weekender-13th-october.650363/

Last edited:
Hi Phil, I'm from Steeton, a village near Keighley. Yeh meeting up with some people to take some pics and get some advice would be great and wildlife and landscapes are things I wouldn't mind having a go at.
Thanks for the info on the meetup section I'll check it out. Not sure if I'm free that weekend, I'd be at work on the Saturday at least but if I can make it I'll let someone know

Hi Craig, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Hi Craig, enjoy the forum :welcome:

Hi Phil, I'm from Steeton, a village near Keighley. Yeh meeting up with some people to take some pics and get some advice would be great and wildlife and landscapes are things I wouldn't mind having a go at.
Thanks for the info on the meetup section I'll check it out. Not sure if I'm free that weekend, I'd be at work on the Saturday at least but if I can make it I'll let someone know

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the forum. I joined a while ago now and it has been an amazing source of information and I visit it daily.

I'm originally from West Yorkshire too (Cleckeheaton) but now live over the border in darkest Lancashire in Winewall near Colne which is not far from you at all.

Regular visitor to Cowling Pinnacle if you are ever going up that way for a nice sunset etc.

Hi Tony
Your not too far away at all. I've been trying to decide on a hill to go up to try get a nice sunset shot, it'd prob look pretty cool to get the Pinnacle in the there too

It's s good place and so easy to get there. Hoping to get up there in a couple of weeks when the new moon starts to try for a Milky Way shot.

Cool, I might try get up there if the sky's clear to try catch a sunset at some point or just to try get a nice shot of the valley

Just to let you all know I've changed my user name from Craig Tillotson to Tilz. It's closer to my nickname Tilly and using my full name on things annoys me :)

Just to let you all know I've changed my user name from Craig Tillotson to Tilz. It's closer to my nickname Tilly and using my full name on things annoys me :)
It did confuse me, I had to double check you were who I thought you were :D:D

Sorry for confusing you Nostro, glad you worked out it was me :)

Back