Hi, I am new here! :)

Name
Claire
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone.

I have just joined this lovely forum as I am looking for an outlet to make my photography as a hobby alongside my studio work, training and mentoring. I was a member of many forums in the OLDEN days (as I would call them) before the likes of FB and other social media platforms took over, I do use them for work so I am trying to stay away from them when I am in down time, you know trying to get that workl/life balance that people talk of.

I enjoy photographing my clients BUT I also have a great passion for landscape, wildlife and well just capturing life too.

I hope to be able to join in on discussions that will reignite my love for photographing non client work again

I love to visit Scotland on holiday and photographing its beauty and culture.

Anyway, thank you for reading and I look forward to getting to know some of you :)

Over and out
Claire x

p.s - I do tend to put X's on my messages by accident so please don't be offended if you get one on a thread ;) x

Welcome Claire, you will find there are a fair few pro togs on here who enjoy photography as a pastime in the genre's that differ from their main work, though others have a broader repertoire professionally too. Hopefully you will find that spark that ignites your love of photography away from the studio - maybe getting back into film & conventional will make it different for you? Anyway, please explore the forum, join in with the natter, and share your efforts too, whether for critique or just for pleasure.

Thank you for your welcome.
i have been toiling with the idea of dusting off my film cameras actually. I am very tempted, although my stock of film I had hoarded id imagine would be gone off by now ;)

You'll see a lot of the F&C crowd like nothing more than experimenting with expired film stock to see how it comes out! Especially worthwhile if you develop it at home, the cost is minimal and the enjoyment increased.

Welcome to the forum Claire, have fun here;)

Hi Claire, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Lets see you website then?

welcome to TP - I have a passion for wildlife photography, can't get enough of it :)

Les

My websites are portraits only as that is my job, I cant post any proper links yet as I will get banned.
but if you wanted to look me up you can on photographybyclaire.co.uk or trainingbyclaire.co.uk

hai hai

welcome to the forum. Fun is a word thats seems to get forgotten too much nowadays. If you are not having fun, then why bother? (sorry I don't mean that darkly but I do think if we all found a little more fun each day then life would be better).

Aspergers: sorry I find it hard sometimes to express myself properly.

YES definitely have fun with your photography, sans clients. I am an uber-nerd and when I worked high up in the computing world I lost interest in computing for fun outside of work. Took me a while to figure out that was the missing puzzle piece, but as soon as I did I found computing way more interesting and fun; both at home and at work.

Sometimes it's nice to just grab your camera with one lens and go for a walk with no particular goal in mind and see what you see.

I think that made sense in the end lol

I am just getting back into photography for fun as well as a form of therapy to help with my own issues. Going to start a more structured workflow so I can learn new skills, challenge myself with mini-projects as well as maybe even enter some competitions :) all for fun :)

go for it and I look forward to seeing your fun work :)

Hi Claire, looking forward to seeing and sharing some photos. I want to say 'welcome to the forum', but as I am quite new here, it doesn't feel quite right .... :ROFLMAO:
Now I've got that out of the way - Welcome to the forum! :D

Last edited:
Thank you for your welcome.
i have been toiling with the idea of dusting off my film cameras actually. I am very tempted, although my stock of film I had hoarded id imagine would be gone off by now ;)

A film hoarder; you will be popular and fit right in among the filmtogs here. I count myself among them (I'm a digital guy too), so welcome!

although my stock of film I had hoarded id imagine would be gone off by now
Sell it on ebay, you'll make a fortune :)

There are a number of people in F&C with a penchant for out of date film so you could ask in there for advice

Back