Wild Hi-key Barn Owl

dragonfly

Advertiser
Name
Des
Edit My Images
No
This was taken early Feb when we had a short flurry of snow in the Midlands, at a farm where I work with badgers and buzzard in Leicestershire. It stayed for a few weeks but I think it's since found a partner and not showing as frequent. They are such beautiful birds and this one is particularly confiding - this is uncropped with a full-frame body (D810) and a 500mm lens (no converter).

Do click to see a larger & clearer view.

ML_BOwl.jpg

Funny you said that, as I often moan (to myself) about how terrible they can look on some of the images others post with a border, so your comment affirms my thought that a frame/border is a very personal thing. Thanks for looking.

It is a really fine and delightful study, and a very nicely balanced composition.
I too have my doubts about the frame- I would prefer to get rid of the inner framing, and just leave the photo set out on the broad area of mounting board with the light outer frame. The picture is so fine and delicate that the inner frame's fussy detail seems to me to detracts from the picture's charming purity & simplicity.

great photo of a great bird,almost finished building my second owl nest box after my first had it's first occupants last year, producing three chicks.

Back