Hi

Name
Sharon
Edit My Images
No
Just joined and wanted to say hello. I am based in Hertfordshire. I have always loved wildlife and landscape but in last year have spent time training with a wedding photographer and doing portraits as I would love to set up business. I am at a stage now where for weddings I need to upgrade my camera as my cameras let me down with low light. Did look at Canon 5D but having small hands I find I get a bit of shake so get unsharp images. Any other wedding photographers on here, interested to know what camera you work with. I am currently looking at Fuji XT1.

Last edited:
Hi Sharon, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Welcome,which bit of Hertfordshire? I grew up in enfield so was always out that way, so if you stick up some landscapes I'd love to see them.
5d mk3 are cheap(ish) and stunning cameras in low light.

Welcome,which bit of Hertfordshire? I grew up in enfield so was always out that way, so if you stick up some landscapes I'd love to see them.
5d mk3 are cheap(ish) and stunning cameras in low light.

Hi, I am in Hoddesdon. I lived in Enfield until I was 9 then moved to Broxbourne. Unfortunately the 5d is too heavy for me if it wasn't for that reason that would have been my next upgrade. I worked for Canon for 10 years so to be honest I am a bit biased . I live 5 minutes from Rye Mead's Nature Reserve and love going there with the camera to chill out. I recently spent the week in Lake District a 50th Birthday treat from my husband. Couple of my landscape photos from there are attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20171024_222527_817.jpg
    IMG_20171024_222527_817.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20171026_131039_798.jpg
    IMG_20171026_131039_798.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to the forum Sharon :welcome:

I switched from Canon to fuji for the same reasons, weight. XT-2 and some lenses. So pleased I made the switch :fuji:

Hi, I am in Hoddesdon. I lived in Enfield until I was 9 then moved to Broxbourne. Unfortunately the 5d is too heavy for me if it wasn't for that reason that would have been my next upgrade. I worked for Canon for 10 years so to be honest I am a bit biased . I live 5 minutes from Rye Mead's Nature Reserve and love going there with the camera to chill out. I recently spent the week in Lake District a 50th Birthday treat from my husband. Couple of my landscape photos from there are attached.

Nice. I grew up near the cricket ground, close to Bush Hill Park, used to cycle along the River Lea to Broxbourne way fishing. I doubt I'd recognise much of it these days...
Great images, thanks...

How do you find the Fuji with low light. I have been doing some wedding photography but my EOS 750d is not great in low light. And the weight of my cameras once got bigger lenses on and flash guns causes me to not always get sharp images.

Hi Sharon, I've not used the Fuji in anger in a low light situation, but on other forums I've seen good results. I think the key is high ISO and image stabilisation. I've used my fuji at 3200 and the results are pretty good.

If weight is the key issue what about a 6D at 770g vs the 5D3 at 950g

As for low light capability.......not sure but worth your attention???

Having said that the 6D would not be AFAIK anyone's first choice for wildlife. But landscapes and social photography likely (subject to your getting low light ok feedback?) a good body to consider?

PS and welcome to TP :)

Last edited:
Back