High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

Is it just the bridge cameras in the title that carry the one inch sensor ? Some of the images posted here are really something . I wonder how the quality holds up to micro 4/3rds sensors , Does bigger sensor mean better quality ? Would also be interested in how good they are at action captures .

Is it just the bridge cameras in the title that carry the one inch sensor ? Some of the images posted here are really something . I wonder how the quality holds up to micro 4/3rds sensors , Does bigger sensor mean better quality ? Would also be interested in how good they are at action captures .

Yes it's be being naughty posting in this thread with my "high end" bridge camera but it's not got a 1 inch chip, a teeny one instead! But I'm loving it, I think most other people in here have the 1 inch size models.

There may be something in the Canon range that qualifies but it's mainly just the RX10s, FZ1000 & FZ2000 that have 1" sensors. Nikon announced a range using it, had production problems then cancelled the lot after a long delay. There are other cameras that use 1" sensors that are not bridge cameras.

Bigger sensors with the same number of pixels generally mean better low light results, dynamic range and lower noise as the individual pixels are larger. The micro 4/3 sensor is almost twice the area of 1" so should give at most one stop better results, given equivalent lenses.

The RX10 IV focusses fast enough to be used for F1 photography.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Have to say dibbly dobbler your photos make me want one of these cameras , your photography is superb .

:plus1: to Mike’s photography.

“It was on the strength of Mike’s photography with one of these that I purchased the RX10M4 last year because I was unable to carry around a heavy kit for quite a while. I must admit I absolutely love it and what its capable of producing and more often than not its my go to camera. I really must start posting some of my snaps from this camera in this thread”

George.

Last edited:
Back