High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

Last edited:
Another "Cracking shot Mike, you're certainly going to town with that RX and producing some fine presentations.

"It makes me kinda wonder if its worth messing about with any other units"

George.

Thanks George - intersting you should say that as I've also taken a few with my A7Rii and 16-35 f4 and to be honest I can't tell which is which afterwards! I'm sure a bit of pixel peeping would reveal all but who can be bothered :)

They are superb, makes me want to look at the RX10 III as want something smaller to carry when out walking and riding bike (must resist, must resist its no good will have to look haha)

They are superb, makes me want to look at the RX10 III as want something smaller to carry when out walking and riding bike (must resist, must resist its no good will have to look haha)
Thanks Adam. The Rx10iii and iv are great but actually quite chunky - if you want a genuine compact then the RX100 is the one to have (but you don’t get the range so they’re not so good for wildlife).

Thanks Adam. The Rx10iii and iv are great but actually quite chunky - if you want a genuine compact then the RX100 is the one to have (but you don’t get the range so they’re not so good for wildlife).

:plus1: To all of that, I have the RX10M4 and the RX100M6 (waiting for the M8) and they are both superb cameras with the lenses on each of them being optically "Excellent".

George.

I have the same as you George, and I agree they are both superb!

Marcia, Without a doubt my favourite type of photography is street photography, and in my opinion the little RX100 series of cameras are in a league of their own when it comes to this type of photography.

As for the RX10M4 I've never used a better all round more convenient camera in my life. Everything from the speed of focus, the dynamic range, as already mentioned the lens quality, the subject tracking, the frames per second when needed, the video quality, etc, etc, is superb. If I were forced to keep only one of my cameras then at this moment in time the RX10M4 would be that camera.

George.

Last edited:
^ Excellent Mike.

Hope to get some quality time out and about with your old iii this weekend. Weather's not quite good enough for 100 ISO and 1/500th so far, but tomorrow may be better.

Thankfully the R10M4 seems to be just as sharp as the M3 :) The lenses are identical so it should be, but I was not 100% sure until I got a shot or two in the bag. This is at iso640 and holds up ok I think.

Robin
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

"Excellent" shot Mike, great pose, good colour & fine detail.

George.

Last edited:
Two more "Excellent" wildlife shots Mike, the detail is top notch.

"As a side note, I've not neglected this thread matey but for one reason or another I'm unable to get out with a camera at the moment"

George.
Thanks George. Sorry to hear that you are out of action at the moment, hope all is well and that you’ll be back soon.

Oh dear, FujiFilm is in my DNA, but this thread forced me to have a closer look at the RX10 iv........and my wallet is now lighter. What a cracking camera.

So thank you @dibbly dobbler and @G.K.Jnr. for your lovely examples which helped in the decision making.

I still love my superb X-H1 and 100-400mm, but it is a revelation to have such a competent camera with its ‘bag of lenses’ in a single body.......and my back is particularly grateful!

Oh dear, FujiFilm is in my DNA, but this thread forced me to have a closer look at the RX10 iv........and my wallet is now lighter. What a cracking camera.

So thank you @dibbly dobbler and @G.K.Jnr. for your lovely examples which helped in the decision making.

I still love my superb X-H1 and 100-400mm, but it is a revelation to have such a competent camera with its ‘bag of lenses’ in a single body.......and my back is particularly grateful!

You're very welcome & glad you enjoy it. I too shoot Fuji X-H1 with a 100-400mm lens and many other lenses but do not use them anywhere near as much since I attained an RX10M4. In my opinion they are one hell of a good bit of kit. "ENJOY"

George.

Great stuff - hope you enjoy!

Back