High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

Some excellent details resolved from that distance George.

Thanks Alby, I kinda guess the conditions were just about right with bright sunshine and light at pretty much the right angle, the rest is down to luck.

I've recently purchased a RX100 VII as an everyday walkabout camera I can slip in my pocket. My first ever Sony, and coming from Nikon and Olympus, boy there's some settings in the those menus, a touch confusing at present, and the AF system and options seems way more complicated than anything I've used before (save my Nikon Z9). Got some reading up to do !

I've recently purchased a RX100 VII as an everyday walkabout camera I can slip in my pocket. My first ever Sony, and coming from Nikon and Olympus, boy there's some settings in the those menus, a touch confusing at present, and the AF system and options seems way more complicated than anything I've used before (save my Nikon Z9). Got some reading up to do !

If you get a bit stuck ask in the Sony thread, several people in there have these cameras.

Hope you enjoy as much as I do using mine Andrew, you will get used to the menus after a little practise. I searched out videos on youtube to try to understand them. ;)

Me too Alby, it's just all a bit...new to me at the moment. Don't think I trust myself to use if as my sole holiday camera yet, but then I have a month to go before then, so who knows :D

Back