Highlands Meet 09 by Alexisonfire (pic heavy)

Name
Mike Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
We have decided to open separate threads now due to the number of photos, some of these are reposts so apologies. I'm pretty sure i've edited all i wanted too, but will double check when i get home and might add more later :)

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

image7.jpg

Last edited:
ooh yeah. That is a brilliant set! Any chance of numbering them?

I'm loving numbers 6 and 7 from the bottom.

Sixth from the bottom for getting a different take on the rocky foreground interest at Egol.....that T effect is awesome.

Seventh from the bottom for the coulours and tones firstly but I think that composition and framing is just perfect. So well balanced with loads sucking you in bottom left to top right. Loving the clarity of the water.

One minor crit is that I find the vignetting a little too much on some but they are distinctly yours as a result.

Amazing that you got all of those wall hangers from one trip.

Talented indeed

Thanks for posting

Last edited:
Awesome set :). Thanks for coming and thanks for the filters vs light vs colours chat :)

Stunning! And number 3 actually knocked my head back, I love it!

Awesome set and I now feel very inspired to head up them parts now myself :clap: :clap:

I like no#1 to errr no#29 minus the Morrisons one as the horizon looks a little slanted :) Also the one three up with the bloke running off with one of your camera's. Seriously love the one with the "t" shape in the rocks and the one directly above. Excellent job.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great set of images... some of them are a tad dark for me, but then again, they add something different to the images. so overall i love them.. (y)

Oh, and is it my monitor or is there a red pixel on some of the images? i.e. no.5 just beside the pipe in the centre and also further to the right.?

Where did you go, looks like you were somewhere on the west coast?

Cracking set Mike, Everyone of them is good! (y)

Nice one Mike! All brilliant shots, I'm well jealous!

Love them. Such poetry in vision.

One point, I like to see exif so that I may learn something from how the shot was constructed. I know it would be a pain in the Isle of Harris to change them now but in future could you leave the exif in?

OMG, I hate you all. Stunning.......:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Andy

Great Shots Mike.

I think I prefer the mono though.

Especially the quirang and neist point, you've captured the gloomy,drab and menacing feeling of impending doom very well!!!

stunning... just simply stunning no crit from me, just appreciation

ooh yeah. That is a brilliant set! Any chance of numbering them?

I'm loving numbers 6 and 7 from the bottom.

Sixth from the bottom for getting a different take on the rocky foreground interest at Egol.....that T effect is awesome.

Seventh from the bottom for the coulours and tones firstly but I think that composition and framing is just perfect. So well balanced with loads sucking you in bottom left to top right. Loving the clarity of the water.

One minor crit is that I find the vignetting a little too much on some but they are distinctly yours as a result.

Amazing that you got all of those wall hangers from one trip.

Talented indeed

Thanks for posting

wow they are awesome *is v.jealous*

Awesome set :). Thanks for coming and thanks for the filters vs light vs colours chat :)

Thankyou for arranging the trip, and the laughs on the way, it was awesome! :D

Stunning! And number 3 actually knocked my head back, I love it!

Awesome set and I now feel very inspired to head up them parts now myself

I'm now very uninspired now im back home, we having nothing like this down south

That's all. Just

Well I'm glad I didn't make it on the trip if all you guys churned out was dross like this

Wow, splendid images!! Great meeting! I have only to sit ad enjoy

I like no#1 to errr no#29 minus the Morrisons one as the horizon looks a little slanted :) Also the one three up with the bloke running off with one of your camera's. Seriously love the one with the "t" shape in the rocks and the one directly above. Excellent job.

stunning !

Great set of images... some of them are a tad dark for me, but then again, they add something different to the images. so overall i love them..

Oh, and is it my monitor or is there a red pixel on some of the images? i.e. no.5 just beside the pipe in the centre and also further to the right.?

Yeah i have a hot pixel on my camera, forgot to edit it out on some

I LOVE the cow! The landscapes aren't too shabby either....!

That cow is just ace

Where did you go, looks like you were somewhere on the west coast?

Great set ... Every one a winner..

Cracking set Mike, Everyone of them is good!

Stunning shots mate, and love the processing. Cracking work!

Nice one Mike! All brilliant shots, I'm well jealous!

amazing amazing amazing.

Love them. Such poetry in vision.

One point, I like to see exif so that I may learn something from how the shot was constructed. I know it would be a pain in the Isle of Harris to change them now but in future could you leave the exif in?

Not really possible due to my workflow, sorry!

OMG, I hate you all. Stunning

Andy

Great Shots Mike.

I think I prefer the mono though.

Especially the quirang and neist point, you've captured the gloomy,drab and menacing feeling of impending doom very well!!!

It was worth heading out in the pooring rain for!

Absolutely brillient. its all been said above.:clap::clap::clap:

Just simply a pleasure to view (y)

fantastic

TT

Big thankyou to all else that commented! :D:D

Great set, the one with the little chap on the hill is my favourite. Also the speeding lorry over the bridge.

Great shots mate... again like gary's def a lesson to me in what can be achieved by getting up and out there early and staying out late... all to often I end up being lazy and having to put up with daytime light which most of the time aint much use for someone who likes to shoot landscapes!

M

Stunning, fantastic, etc, etc.

I'd love to be able to achieve results half as good!!

:clap:

Great shots mate... again like gary's def a lesson to me in what can be achieved by getting up and out there early and staying out late... all to often I end up being lazy and having to put up with daytime light which most of the time aint much use for someone who likes to shoot landscapes!

M

Most of us stayed up all day and all night, i know me, gary and woodsy only had about 5hours sleep in the first 3 days :D

I know this may sound stupid (Complete noob here)

But this image:

image17.jpg

To get that clear an image of underwater did you use a Polarising Filter?

Back