Historical Reenactment

SimonTALM

Linford Christie
Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple of shots from last weekend when I stumbled across the St George's Weekend at Tatton Park where they had some special events.

2440952373_b9b2bb97f6.jpg

2441782592_bc4d36d474.jpg

2441781808_d98deb5f02.jpg

2427918195_1afe2251fa.jpg

C&C welcome

(more available in my Flickr set)

I like these, you did better than I did ... though I did get the gorgeous black knight :naughty:

Last 2 are my picks ... shame about the crowds in the bg, but almost impossible not to get them in.
I might have another go this Sunday as theres another St Georges day locally.

No.2 looks a bit scarey!!!!!

The last shot is the best of the bunch.

Good work. :)

As people have pointed out, the crowd is ditracting but unfortunately, very hard to not shoot!!!

I LOVE #3. When reading historical novels, he is exactly the sort of look I imagine many of the men-at-arms to posess! #4 just seems a bit 'real' compared to #3 and doesn't compare imho.

Really love #3 :)

Cheers for the comments guys, I didn't like the crowd either. But my way of thinking about this is that the crowd is as much of a part of an event like this as the actors so it is right to include them.

Inaglo - I didn't see the black night, where is there another event this weekend I need to get some more "portraits"

I love this medieval stuff. (y)

2nd and 4th for me - two nice sharp character studies. I think the comb-over of the year shot just shades it though. :D

as said nice set nice and sharp (y)

we have a medieval festival here in ludlow ..

might just try and make it a tp meet

Oooh... now I'd fancy some of that. Is it the Sealed Knot?

Oooh... now I'd fancy some of that. Is it the Sealed Knot?

The Sealed Knot only do English Civil War reenactment as far as I know, or at least they did when I was in it. If you go to photograph them, make sure you take a big zoom because every interesting skirmish tends to take place as far away from the crowd as possible :)

My ex used to do medieval reenactment at Warwick castle during the summer.
Im not sure how much of that still goes on but I do know they still put on jousting events throughout the summer.
The castle houses some very interesting stuff too, a summer TP meet there might be worthwhile, but it does get very busy.

EDIT: Battle of Tewksbury (July I think) is always a good day out too.

The Sealed Knot only do English Civil War reenactment as far as I know, or at least they did when I was in it. If you go to photograph them, make sure you take a big zoom because every interesting skirmish tends to take place as far away from the crowd as possible :)

That was my understanding of what they did too....Cavaliers and Roundheads. :D

Back