Hmmm.....

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Toddled along today to the Southampton branch of the London Camera Exchange which also has a Canon Pro centre. Tested 20D + 17-40L + 70-200L. Mine for a shade under £2k apparently. Bargain? Who knows but that camera and those lenses just feel so right. No idea if it'll dramatically improve my photography though. Hey ho.

Is that new or 2nd hand? :shock:

7Dayshop do the 17-40L for £469.00. There are three versions of the 70-200, but only one 'L' version, the f2.8 IS ...which is £1159.00, the cheapest version is under 400 quid. Warehouse Express do the 20D with 18.55 EF-S for £999.00.

Grand total £2627.00 It is indeed a bargain if it actually is the 70-200L which I doubt, but possible if it's all 2nd hand stuff.

CT said:
There are three versions of the 70-200, but only one 'L' version,

You also get the 70-200mm F4.0L, it's great value for the money.

Know what you mean about those lenses feeling right on the 20D milou. Especially the wideangle, it just seems to finish the camera.

dod said:
CT said:
There are three versions of the 70-200, but only one 'L' version,

You also get the 70-200mm F4.0L, it's great value for the money.

Ah ... didn't realise that was an 'L' lens.

Aye - it's the f/4L

The 20D body is £950 which I thought wasn't bad (relatively speaking :)) and £555 for the 17-40. 7DayShop is a good price especially as the lens hood is included. The camera just has that quality feel. I knew I shouldn't have gone in there.

A few months back I did try out the 1Ds Mark II at the LCE "Pro-Show" at the local Novatel with some comedy sized lens - it was "tank-like"....

FWIW, I've used flagship Nikons for years and I place a high importance on camera 'feel' and build quality. The 20D doesn't feel wanting at all in comparison - particularly with the battery grip fitted. :wink:

Cheers

I've never been a fan of the grips tbh. I sold my 300D one that came with my kit. According to eBay, my black body 300D would fetch about 12p. I'll ask LCE about trade-in values but I doubt that I'd get much due to their need to cover costs, overheads etc for their resale.

Back