Critique Hobbiton-by-the-Sea? - revised processing

Curious, in a good way. :)

The first image, the most interesting, lacks tonal range and contrast a little, looking slightly over-processed. The second would have benefitted from getting the top of the roof fully in view, because that emphasises the oddness of the structures.

Well seen. (y)

Curious, in a good way. :)

The first image, the most interesting, lacks tonal range and contrast a little, looking slightly over-processed. The second would have benefitted from getting the top of the roof fully in view, because that emphasises the oddness of the structures.

Well seen. (y)

Thanks for useful feedback. I will look at the processing again.

Smashing set @PatrickO ...really like the moody sky in #3, very nice indeed!
Great composition in #1, though seems a smidge warm? Could just be me though...I'm beginning to doubt my eyesight more and more these days...as you know!!:D

They all look a little "flat" to me. Possibly just processing preference. Nice shots though.

Partick, I've just seen another version of the first photo on this thread over in your meeting thread. The other (similar) one looks much punchier . Was that deliberate in your processing or something the site has done to the images?

Smashing set @PatrickO ...really like the moody sky in #3, very nice indeed!
Great composition in #1, though seems a smidge warm? Could just be me though...I'm beginning to doubt my eyesight more and more these days...as you know!!:D

Thanks Gareth. Been looking at yours too - a very good set. Will add some comments soon. No it's not your eyesight - I think I need to review the WB.

Partick, I've just seen another version of the first photo on this thread over in your meeting thread. The other (similar) one looks much punchier . Was that deliberate in your processing or something the site has done to the images?

Unfortunately that wasn't my pic. Just used it as an example of where we were meeting. I definitely need to revisit the processing on mine.

Prefer the edited one, some good detail in the sky, think the original was perhaps a bit flat albeit probably more lifelike
Only criticisms might be Greens a tad vivid for my taste and maybe a slight level up, dropping to the left a bit?

My favourite was number three, maybe just a little bit more shadow detail would have been nice
Like the composition, slanted strut perhaps a bit distracting, but that's just nit picking

Back