I really like the cool eye you have on that city
though struggling with the chosen rendition!

This looks a fascinating place - thanks for posting these.

The composition is great, but agree with the others that the post work isn't bringing out the best in the images, though I appreciate it may be an intentional 'trademark'.

I like the matte vintage processing on these and the first on with the 2 bicycles are very pleasing! Very good set of photos!

The flat light and lack of face visibility holds the people shots back. But the first is really nice. Nice composition and the colours are ace. The similar coloured one with the blue door has loads of potential but needs the bike on the right either removed or more a focal point.

Thanks for the comments guys! I wanted to try and bring out the 'grit' of Vietnam in the PP...the bike has always bugged me too so will work on trying to get that removed!

I really like these edits. nice job. I think the renditions really suits the images

Great shots, and I like the processing too, suits the subject matter and locale. I went there last year and other than the main street now converted to tourist mecca, loved it

thanks for the post

a city i always wanted to visit - too late now I'm retired ££££££..:(

during the conflict i worked in Vancouver - a consulting company doing mods for Hueys
it was so sad to visit nearby Washington State - a University city - and see so many fine young lads wheel-chaired with multiple injuries

i digress - thank you for the thread

Thanks for the comments guys! I wanted to try and bring out the 'grit' of Vietnam in the PP...

Maybe it was what you were after, but to my eye, the PP makes them look like some poor scans of not particularly great colour prints. Maybe that's what you were after, but I'm not sure that 'grit' is really the first thing that springs to mind from the subject matter.

Either way, the vibrancy I would expect of the colours is not there and the shadow detail is all gone - especially unfortunate when we can't see the eyes of the guy in #2.

Moving on to the positive; compositionally, the first and last images are the most successful IMHO.

the bike has always bugged me too so will work on trying to get that removed!

I'm rather more of the school of thought that that kind of things shouldn't be erased in Photoshop. My personal boundary stops at a judicious crop, which might still work with this image (as it's a symmetrical building, take care with placing yourself on the axis of symmetry rather than only just off it).

Back