Holiday Pics from New York 'Christmas' 2017 (Sorry EXTREMELY pic heavy)

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Had the most amazing time in New York, what a city. Was the ultimate tourist and just about did everything. Trying to whittle nearly 2k of photos was hard, but I've don't my best, but there’s just so much to see ;) Here's a (huge) selection, with many more on Flickr, see link. (Edit: this forum seems to be degrading the image quality on some so maybe best viewed on Flickr)

New York 2017

PC014313
by TDG-77, on Flickr

PC014263
by TDG-77, on Flickr

PB303847-Pano
by TDG-77, on Flickr

PB283104
by TDG-77, on Flickr

PB293163
by TDG-77, on Flickr

PB293190
by TDG-77, on Flickr

PB293196
by TDG-77, on Flickr

PB293210
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:
Excellent photos, you're making me really want to go back there! [been 4 years now] Also you're really making me want the 12-40!

Top job :)

Last edited:
Excellent photos, you're making me really want to go back there! [been 4 years now] Also you're really making me want the 12-40!

Top job :)

Great selection Toby.

Looks like the Olympus can hack it in most, if not all areas.
Thanks guys. Yeah the Olly was the perfect camera for this holiday tbh.

I don't mind offering help with crit, but this could take some time. ;)

I can see you've fallen in love with the place - glad you had a good time.

You must had a busy time, wow 2000 exposures!
Some great images there Toby, I particularly like #1, #31 and #45.

brillian set of shots
never been yet
what lens or lens's did you use ?
whwer they on a dx or fx body ?

Very good photographs. I did love my EM1 and the 12-40 2.8

You must had a busy time, wow 2000 exposures!
Some great images there Toby, I particularly like #1, #31 and #45.
Thanks. Yes very busy, need another holiday to recover now ;) TBH I think it was just over 1700 shots, but close enough :LOL:

brillian set of shots
never been yet
what lens or lens's did you use ?
whwer they on a dx or fx body ?
Thanks. They were taken with the Olympus EM1 micro 4/3, 99% with the 12-40mm f2.8 with the odd one with the 40-150mm f4-5.6 R

Very good photographs. I did love my EM1 and the 12-40 2.8

Excellent set, thanks for sharing (y)

Great set of photos. The Wife wants to go next year for her 40th, so great to get a flavour of it.

I've not been but photo's such as these make me take an interest in visiting ;)

Great set of photos. The Wife wants to go next year for her 40th, so great to get a flavour of it.
Thanks. It was a late 40th celebration for us too as we both turned 40 this year. Wanted to wait for the Christmas lights though hence not going until now. Glad we waited (y)

Thanks. It was a late 40th celebration for us too as we both turned 40 this year. Wanted to wait for the Christmas lights though hence not going until now. Glad we waited (y)
Same for her, she wants to wait for the Xmas lights too. Sadly 40 passed me by a while ago :D

Might pick your brains a little next year ;)

Same for her, she wants to wait for the Xmas lights too. Sadly 40 passed me by a while ago :D

Might pick your brains a little next year ;)
No worries, feel free. I loved it and am more than happy to give any advice that I can (y)

11, 31, 52 were my favourites. A nice collection of photographs :)

@snerkler Toby these are excellent, looks like you had a good trip and the Olympus performed well, that 12-40 is a great piece of kit. Not sure I'd managed 2K pictures in 4 days, your wife must be very understanding!!!
Thanks very much. Yes she was quite understanding, although quite a lot were taken literally whilst walking around, others whilst on bus or ferry tours so it wasn't as though I was stopping every 2 minutes to take a pic ;)

Thanks very much. Yes she was quite understanding, although quite a lot were taken literally whilst walking around, others whilst on bus or ferry tours so it wasn't as though I was stopping every 2 minutes to take a pic ;)

8 hours sleeping, 2 hours eating/waiting in restaurants, leaves 14 hours a day max photography, that's 840 minutes, so averages at 1.68mins per pick, actually comfortably under your 2 mins :D:D:D

Just as well the resultant pictures are great, otherwise you'd have an expensive Christmas ahead of you........

8 hours sleeping, 2 hours eating/waiting in restaurants, leaves 14 hours a day max photography, that's 840 minutes, so averages at 1.68mins per pick, actually comfortably under your 2 mins :D:D:D

Just as well the resultant pictures are great, otherwise you'd have an expensive Christmas ahead of you........
I was there for 5 nights though so your math is slightly off :p Cheers though (y)

Sorry short answer from the app. Now looking on the PC as we went for new year almost a year ago now. You've got to be pleased with the first one - classic skyline. I hope you had a fitbit on, you certainly seemed to get about.

Sorry short answer from the app. Now looking on the PC as we went for new year almost a year ago now. You've got to be pleased with the first one - classic skyline. I hope you had a fitbit on, you certainly seemed to get about.
Thanks, yeah I really like the first from a photography perspective but TBH as mementos I'm happy with them all (y) My wife had a Fitbit, the first day we did over 36k steps :eek:

Great set and I can't wait to return.

Had two weeks there with the family in summer and did as much Photography as possible BUT they thought I did far too much and I felt to be constantly missing out things so I would love to go back sometime.

It really is an amazing city but like the op has said there is a serious amount of distance to cover even when using the subway.

Great set and I can't wait to return.

Had two weeks there with the family in summer and did as much Photography as possible BUT they thought I did far too much and I felt to be constantly missing out things so I would love to go back sometime.

It really is an amazing city but like the op has said there is a serious amount of distance to cover even when using the subway.
Thanks. I've been guilty of missing out in the past as I've been too busy behind the viewfinder but I deliberately made sure this didn't happen on this trip so I got to experience everything (y)

Some cracking images there and I'm massively impressed you worked through them all this quickly - takes me weeks to go through our trips and sort and process!
Thanks. I can't rest until I've sorted them all :oops: :$ :LOL:

Back