Holidays 2015.

Nod

Tootles
Name
Nod (UK)
Edit My Images
Yes
While we were picking up our tickets for next week, I asked if flights were yet available for a return trip or 2 next year and since they were, we've booked our Crete trips for 2015 already. That brings our plans up to

March, Iceland for 10 days.
June, Crete for 2 weeks.
Aug/Sept, Crete for another 2 weeks.

With a possibility of a long weekend away over the early May bank holiday for Mrs Nod's birthday, maybe visiting a friend in Paris.

Anyone else sickeningly organised?! ;)

Need to be careful about trips to Crete, sometimes they're a con..

Well, the con, Crete trips help keep the buildings relatively earthquake proof. ;)

And yes, we do like Crete and have many friends there - locals and other tourists who have the same addiction as we do! We've even grown to like their "avrio" attitude which is similar to the Spanish "manjana" but without the sense of urgency that confers.

Way too early to be thinking about it for me, but if I go anywhere it will be Italy.

The number of exceptional expenses I've had this year means a holiday in 2015 is unlikely, unfortunately.

The only thing I know so far is Alicante in June for Las Hogueras de San Juan. Beach, daiquiries, seeing the hogueras and watching them burn, firework displays and bullfights.

Feb/March - Vietnam, unsure if we are going to stopover somewhere on the way back, if we do then possibly Hong Kong or Seoul
Oct/Nov - a weekend city break in Europe possibly Berlin or Rome

Anyone else sickeningly organised?! ;)
Well it seems like your all sorted
I'm going to my-gate for the forsee-able future.
As I'm not as rich as you (y)
:p

Well it seems like your all sorted
I'm going to my-gate for the forsee-able future.
As I'm not as rich as you (y)
:p

No kids - saved us a small fortune!!!

I don't do "sickeningly organised" ... I prefer a bit of spontenaity ...

Seriously, I'd hate to be so well planned that I knew a year in advance where I was going for my hols.

Crete, end of June :cool: & ............St Annes in August :rolleyes:

Booking holidays can get complicated in our household, even though there's only 2 of us.

Disney Land Paris in August... :D

i like to have 2 hols a year, one in the summer and another in the winter...but ive found as i get older the stress in choosing somewere to go is getting beyond a joke, i seem to spend for ever going over and over the likes of trip advisor looking at bloody reviews that my head spins...it was much easier in the old days when you just had brochures to go on :eek:

this summer the kids want to go to majorca, suits my missus as she hates flying so the less time in the air the better as far as she is concerned, the winter were off to cape verde,with the missus probably taking a valium to get her over the 5.5 hour flight

Munich in a few weeks.

Then I don't know, I tend to book holidays late, like 2 months in advance average.

We have the same October fortnight every year at the cottage on Loch Sunart.

That's our banker if you like.

Over and above that we tend to be spontaneous with the summer hols.

So how are the holidays coming along folks? I have my first holiday next month. Now looking at Croatia in August too.

So how are the holidays coming along folks? I have my first holiday next month. Now looking at Croatia in August too.

Sadly, am at the final few days of our trip to Disney in Florida! Carefully planned, its exceeded expectations!

2 weeks today ! Looking forward to a glass of ouzo when we get to the accommodation . And a plate of rabbit stew. Oh, and almost guaranteed sunshine for a fortnight .

We're off to the First Choice Holiday Village in Menorca in 3 weeks. My scuba holidays really are a distant memory these days. The kids will have a blast though.

Been looking at Monza, Italy in the first week in September. I think if I use airbnb rather than a hotel it will be affordable :)

Just got back from a working holiday photographing South West Turkey, from pretty much Kekova to Marmaris, utterly beautiful place and so friendly. Great food too, I actually ate more than I ever normally do and managed to lose weight :D

Our son is working over there right now, on Adakoy as a mountain bike guide - looks like a fabulous area.

Reactions: Yv
Our son is working over there right now, on Adakoy as a mountain bike guide - looks like a fabulous area.

Yep, I think it is probably a fabulous and unspoilt area for any of the adventure sports, mountain biking, paragliding, etc...

I'm going to a wedding in Thailand in August, not mine though :D

I've been to Thailand before and I'm looking forward to going again.

Well for my second holiday I have come back to sunny Spain. So much to be said for choosing a hotel that doesn't appear in British holiday brochures too. Needless to say the weather is magnificent!

Yep, I think it is probably a fabulous and unspoilt area for any of the adventure sports, mountain biking, paragliding, etc...

He had a week off last week and did his first stage open water PADI exam. This week it's 42 in the shade, 50+ in the sun, and he's back guiding again.

He had a week off last week and did his first stage open water PADI exam. This week it's 42 in the shade, 50+ in the sun, and he's back guiding again.

I know, friends are over there atm and been chatting to Turkish friend, mainly to demand double checks on the air con units and pool cooling at the villa. We go back out on 25th and I cant help but think I might just melt.

I hope he is still loving it though even with the heat. (y)

Thanks Yv, yes, I think he is, though 50+ is hot even for him (9 1/2 stone at 5'11", so cooling is easier than for most). :D

Back