Holidays 2016

We have a month booked in New Zealand in November, Spend a few days in Auckland then hire a car on off we go to wherever the roads take us. Nothing booked in advance and we never have an itinerary when we go off.

Haha, :LOL: yeah Laganas would have been great if I was 40 yrs younger.;)
Alykes was more than busy enough for me! Vasilikos & the quieter areas suit better these days. :cool:

Haha, :LOL: yeah Laganas would have been great if I was 40 yrs younger.;)
Alykes was more than busy enough for me! Vasilikos & the quieter areas suit better these days. :cool:
agreed ,going to planos just outside of tsilvi ,the trip advisor etc reports look good apart from the usual one that is complaining about everything to try and get a complete refund ,never complained while there apparently :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Not particularly worried about terrorism as the chances of being killed in a car accident on the way to the airport would be several orders of magnitude greater.
So far I have got trips booked for Madrid, Amsterdam and Stockholm this year. Never been to Madrid or Stokholm before and went to Amsterdam 11 years ago so should be good.

Not particularly worried about terrorism as the chances of being killed in a car accident on the way to the airport would be several orders of magnitude greater.
So far I have got trips booked for Madrid, Amsterdam and Stockholm this year. Never been to Madrid or Stokholm before and went to Amsterdam 11 years ago so should be good.

Madrid is a beautiful city.

Looks like we are going back to Italy. Watched the Pompeii thing on telly and it's put us in the mood for some more chilled out Italia, probably lakes or rural but Might do some city exploration if the chance pops up. I love the pace and people of Italy

I've just done a week in Tenerife and we are going back there in October for 2 weeks.
Done sharm and loved it but not in the current climate...I have heard Spain is getting booked quickly because of the threats in certain countries.

I've just done a week in Tenerife and we are going back there in October for 2 weeks.
Done sharm and loved it but not in the current climate...I have heard Spain is getting booked quickly because of the threats in certain countries.

I had no problems booking in 2 different cities in 2 different months.

We are going to Croatia & Montenago this year, late August.

We were watching on Telly "A Place in the Sun" and Croatia looked interesting.

Just a couple of weeks until we go to Bosnia Herzgovina to run a half-marathon and see the scenery. :)

I'm doing quite well at the moment; a week skiing in France in Feb, a week in Lanzarote a couple of weeks ago then a few days in Berlin last week. Need to think about summer now[emoji6]

Spent most of last week in Munich, hoping to go back with the brother in law in the summer, hopefully Venice for a photography weekend in October and then Paris or Cologne in December!

Cologne is an interesting place, worth a catching a match at FC Koln if possible too.

Madrid or Barca? Thinking about a day trip or maybe an overnighter later in year. Would want to see Bernabau or Nou camp and just wander.

You won't get much done in a day. Barcelona has more "wow" things thanks to Antonio Gaudi, but Madrid is better for bullfights and flamenco.

Just over a week until I'm off to Rome, non vedo l'ora :D

Mañana Madrid! Traveling light with a FujiFilm XM-1 and a DJI Osmo.

Driving to Provence for three weeks in September, plus a week or so getting there and home.
Look out for clichés from the lavender farms [emoji1]

Ah things change as time progresses it's now a week in west bay ,Dorset next month ,then that week in zante in sept. Hoping to get a few days in Yorkshire in to

Hopefully driving down to Naples in August, via Monte Carlo and the coast road down through Italy, then a ferry over to Sardegna for a few days, then ferry to Genoa, then up through the lakes to Switzerland.

4 weeks and a day until Crete '16 #1.

Are we nearly there yet?
(Repeat ad nauseam!)

Is it too soon to pack? And, if so, is it too early to start making piles of stuff to pack? (Camera kit sorted!)

Rome was excellent, but taking the FF camera and 24-70/2.8 lens was a mistake, the combo was too heavy to carry around all day and after a couple of days I left the camera bag at the b&b. Next time the APS-C body and a matching lens, I have a nice Zeiss APS-C lens in the right range.

If you're going up Mount Tiede make sure you have something warm to wear, it gets quite cold up there.:cool:
We are planning on going up Teide and had assumed that given its height it would be cold, but thanks for the confirmation. Saying that it's unlikely to be colder than the 3C it was on some of the mountains in Austria in June last year on our 'summer' holiday [emoji16]

Cowboy country for us in a bit more than three months:banana:

We're sticking to the UK this year (splashed rather a lot on a 21 night Florida extravaganza last year!) and going on 3 week long 'tours'. Just got back from the first one last Friday.

May Tour - Paradise Wildlife Park; Twycross Zoo; Alton Towers; Yorkshire Wildlife Park; Dudley Zoo & Castle - and dinner at a fancy Michelin Star restauruant 'Adams'; Birmigham Sealife & Cadbury World; West Midland Safari Park

July Tour - Marwell Wildlife & New Forest Wildlife Park; Monkey World; Shaldon WL Park & Living Coasts; Paington Zoo; Dartmorr Zoo & National Marine Aquarium; Newquay Zoo; few days at the beach around Padstow area

Sept Tour - London heatre Show; London Zoo; Train to Edinburgh > Edinburgh Zoo and other attractions tbc!

We've also been for a weekend away to Kent (Howletts / Port Lympne / Wingham) and are off for a weekend in Chester in a few weeks... obviously we'll be going to Chester zoo!

Last edited:
Fi, I'm pretty sure that you can pay a little extra on leaving Paignton Zoo or Living Coasts and get a saving on admission to the other one. If you like burgers, save some appetite when you go to the aquarium in Plymouth and visit Cap'n Jasper's - you'll be filled!!!

Fi, I'm pretty sure that you can pay a little extra on leaving Paignton Zoo or Living Coasts and get a saving on admission to the other one. If you like burgers, save some appetite when you go to the aquarium in Plymouth and visit Cap'n Jasper's - you'll be filled!!!

Thank you for the tip - but we get in for free at Paignton and Living Coasts with our Colchester annual membership. Cap'n Jasper's sounds like it is right up our street though!

Back