Home cctv recommendations

Name
Marco
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could help me choose which cctv system to go for.
Totally new to this, will be my first system I purchase.
It will be used for my home, fitted outdoors. I'd want it to be wireless and to be able to view live footage on my phone.
Budget wise, obviously the less I have to pay the better but prob no more than £250. Would need 3-4 cameras.
Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could help me choose which cctv system to go for.
Totally new to this, will be my first system I purchase.
It will be used for my home, fitted outdoors. I'd want it to be wireless and to be able to view live footage on my phone.
Budget wise, obviously the less I have to pay the better but prob no more than £250. Would need 3-4 cameras.
Thanks in advance.
How long is a piece of string really. it depends on the situation of your dwelling, it's grounds, access roads, angle of view it needs to cover, depth of field it needs to cover, light available, purpose of wanting cctv, storage options you've already got available.

For 3-4 cameras I'd just split the budget for the cameras.

Just to set expectations; I couldn't find a single camera that fits that budget that met my needs

You can achieve great results with synology / xpenology home NAS and home grade IP cameras if you are willing to put in some ground work.

£250 isn't really a lot of money when it comes to cctv although 4 camera kits can be had for that sort of money i wouldn't be expecting spectacular results

within your budget is this samsung kit which will do what you want
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/sam...32Gc2Ia-Q8s2Yn6FlCq_O265Le0KI49VPgaAru28P8HAQ

i have one of the cameras used in that kit connected to a samsung hybrid ( HD and SD cameras ) setup and for the money there not bad, night vision is better than i expected too

Night 960H SD

Day 960H SD

the day capture is a little dull because i have the camera set up that way it's easier to brighten an image than it is to try and get detail back into blown highlights

for a few extra quid you can go for HD cameras and DVR and to be honest that is what i would recommend the image quality is worth the extra spend

Night 1080p HD

Day 1080p HD

which HD system to go for i don't know, i went for the samsung hybrid system and i'm quite happy with it for the price
the only bugbear is you have to purchase samsungs HD cameras which tend to sell for around 100 quid each which brings the price of a 4 camera 1080p HD system to over twice what you want to spend
with samsungs SD ( the kit listed above ) you can use any SD camera

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161769945172?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

hope this helps

Back