Hoverfly

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Absolutely stunning! That's about as good as macro gets imho (y)

Can I ask how you got the black background in that shot?

Ajo,
I was suprised when looking in your kit bag....which lens and tubes did you use for this stunning shot.....1/200th isn't so fast!

Bob

Ajo,
I was suprised when looking in your kit bag....which lens and tubes did you use for this stunning shot.....1/200th isn't so fast!

Bob
Using flash at such a close range gives you a sync of about 1/1000 although the shutter is set to 1/200 if you know what I mean and so the background goes black. I used my Panasonic with the Raynox Dcr 250. This setup gives me really good results plus it's very light and as I'm just getting over some ankle surgery it is an ideal setup for me at this moment in time.

Wow! Great DOF, amazing clairty and HUGE magnification! Great stuff (y) (y) (y)

Very nice indeed. Could maybe do wit ha tad more dof to get the very back in focus, but the overall clarity and sharpness is spot on.:)

Very nice indeed. Could maybe do wit ha tad more dof to get the very back in focus, but the overall clarity and sharpness is spot on.:)
Thanks for the comment Messian Khan, the panasonic only goes to f8 and the raynox decreases the dof quite a bit so this is about the best you can get short of focus stacking shots :crying:

Back