How can i change the colour of bath water?

Edit My Images
Yes
Strange question i know but i want to do a shoot with a model in the near future in which her face emerges from water but i want the water to be black or red. I have found bath bomb type things in red but i would love to have black water (not dirty grey) and have no idea how to achieve this without permenantly staining the poor girls skin/hair.

Anyone done anything along these lines before or know how to achieve this? Any help would be much apreciated.

Food colouring? Sufficient amount of dark blue would probably look dark enough.

Yeah i thought food dye would stain. You can buy childrens bath bombs that turn the water different colours except black.

Black water colour paint, it will stay black till you wash it off, simples.

Use milk and invert/change the colour? Models shouldn't mind bathing in milk.

Gelli Baff?

Kids product that turns the water to jelly! Ok gives you a jelly bath, but I am sure it then comes with something you add to it to turn it back to water to go down the plughole, so put that in before you shoot.

Use milk and invert/change the colour? Models shouldn't mind bathing in milk.

If you do that I would suggest using powdered milk, it's a lot cheaper and easier.

just photoshop it..a modal wont be to keen to get in a bath of food colouring...milk might be the way to go..

or just take two pics and merge..............

Go red or green bath bomb. Take your shot, then do a B&W conversion to make the reds/greens black, then apply an inverted mask and just paint in the black water.

A reverse colour-pop if you like. A colour de-pop :)

-Ian

Thanks all for the suggestions. I think the milk with a ps touch will be the answer.

Food colouring? Sufficient amount of dark blue would probably look dark enough.

there is a colour slider for blue on most pp software...havent seen one for black
you can change blue to darker using the colour and tint sliders

Just don't use blue food coloring and stick any body-parts in the water, unless you fancy looking like a smurf... :D

Strange question i know but i want to do a shoot with a model in the near future in which her face emerges from water but i want the water to be black or red. I have found bath bomb type things in red but i would love to have black water (not dirty grey) and have no idea how to achieve this without permenantly staining the poor girls skin/hair.

Anyone done anything along these lines before or know how to achieve this? Any help would be much apreciated.

Being transparent you shouldn't need to change the colour of the water but simply line the actual bath with soemthing of the desired colour.

Do you need the model's face to emerge from the water? and do you need the rest of the model to be concealed by opaque black water?

Cover the model in shoe polish & chuck them in the bath.
t147760595_7081_3.gif

Won't green *and* red give black? Being opposite colours...

Green paint plus red paint always gave brown paint at primary school.

:coat:

I think the OP want the models face coming out of the black liquid, lining the bath will only make the background black it won't significantly alter the water colour.

Well if none of these replies give me an answer then they give me a laugh! Yeah as mentioned i want the models face emerging from the water so lining the bath wont work as the coloured water needs to frame the face if that makes sense.

What about trying to find a black oil paint of some sorts , if the model " greases " up first it should then just run off . Also been an oil you don't have to worry about the colour filling the whole of the water, as it would float on the surface.

lots of used engine oil ! might make the Model ill ( carcinogenic ) and Smelly and might not be environmentally correct but would give the desired effect :LOL:

On a seriuos note, the milk sounds best.:)

Back