How do I do this?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all, so last year I bought a limited edition Red Arrows £5 coin. I think it's pretty cool, I've never seen a coin with colours before and I had to have it. I have a photo of the Red Arrows from Silverstone GP in 2013 and they're in the same formation as on the coin, however, they're not blowing coloured smoke like they are on the coin. I'm going to get the photo printed and framed along with the coin, but I'd really like to photoshop the smoke trails to match the coin but I just can't get it to look any good.

Does anyone have any ideas on an editing trick or a blending mode which may work?

I'm happy for anyone to have a go if you want so I will add a download link below to the files.
There are 4 files in the download:
- SPH of the above coin
- JPG of the above red arrows
- RAW file of the above red arrows
- PSD of the above JPG

WeTransfer Link

Many thanks
Mark

Last edited:
I'll have a look into that, thanks.

I've been using Photoshop for years and am pretty savvy with it normally, I currently have Photoshop cc so was hoping I could do it in there, I've only used gimp once and didn't really gel with it. Will check it out again though.

I like the edit, but I think the blue smoke looks a bit to deep in colour, I think it could do with a bit more transparency, and a tad lighter just to give it a more authentic look, but just my opinion, others may think different :)

Back