How do I do this?

Name
Jeremy Moore
Edit My Images
No
OK, I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing but how do I move the subject in this photo closer to the centre? Or to put it another way crop some of the sea of the rhs and add it to the lhs.....

I'd like to use Affinity to do it although I also have PS CS2. Many thanks in advance!_04A8192-2-Edit.jpg

OK, I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing but how do I move the subject in this photo closer to the centre? Or to put it another way crop some of the sea of the rhs and add it to the lhs.....

I'd like to use Affinity to do it although I also have PS CS2. Many thanks in advance!View attachment 131426

Extend the canvas on the left, marquee a section on right, copy and past onto new layer on left, blend.

Last edited:
Can't speak for Affinity but if CS2 has it "content aware move tool" would work perfectly in this scenario as well.

I can't post a proper link as this is my first post (although I've lurked for a while) but go to Vimeo.com and search for Affinity Photo Canvas Resizing

Last edited:
It is actually quite easy on your image... Go to canvas size add some canvas to the left, draw a rectangular marquee top to bottom on the right, cmd C to copy, then cmd V to paste onto a new layer, nudge that into place on the left, use the clone tool with a very soft feather to hide the join. Took the liberty of doing a very quick edit.... hope that is ok, a better result can be achieved with the full sized file. (Most apologise just noticed Edit My Images = No)
_04A8192-2-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
It is actually quite easy on your image... Go to canvas size add some canvas to the left, draw a rectangular marquee top to bottom on the right, cmd C to copy, then cmd V to paste onto a new layer, nudge that into place on the left, use the clone tool with a very soft feather to hide the join. Took the liberty of doing a very quick edit.... hope that is ok, a better result can be achieved with the full sized file. (Most apologise just noticed Edit My Images = No)
View attachment 131428

Something a bit like this?
View attachment 131429

No actually that's very helpful and just what I'm aiming for. No probs at all. Thanks.

Now all I need to do is do it for myself; it'll do me good to learn this technique.

View attachment 131428

Post 3 lol.

Attachments

• _04A8192-2-Edit.jpg
    _04A8192-2-Edit.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 27
Back