How do I view a GPX route on an Android phone?

Edit My Images
Yes
As it says. I have a GPX route which I've downloaded to my phone. Can i get this into Google Maps, and if so how?
If not how do I view the route on my phone?
I created the route using the OS Memory Map programme, but that's way too big to go on my phone.

Anyone know how to do this?

Have you tried downloading a GPX viewer from the app store. I've not just GPX files in a while but have seen apps in the store.

HTH
Thank you. Yes, I downloded My Tracks which the interweb says is all things to all men, but it wouldn't recognise either the GPX or the conversion to KML.

Download this app and your sorted
View attachment 127053

Thanks Stuart. I downloded that and it works well, as long as there is a signal. Unfortunately I'll be thrashing around the remoter parts of the Yorkshire Dales where masts are verbotten so signals are non existent.
I downloaded "Offline Navigation", but that's a massive file. Promo said I could navigate anywhere with it, but it won't let me import anything. All I can do is select a destination.
I can view the KML in Google Earth, but the mobile version won't resolve close enough to show all the minor road junctions when off line.
I have a venerable old Garmin Legend GPS which does work well and will do what I want, but it has a habit of switching itself off for no apparent reason, and with no warning so I'm looking for a reliable alternative.

Don't know if the new OS maps work on a phone with no signal, but they are nowhere near as good as the original Memory Maps; I have the full set of these in all scales down to 1:10,000 so can't really see the point of buying newer and inferior stuff.

I might have to resort to printing out paper maps!

Thank you. Yes, I downloded My Tracks which the interweb says is all things to all men, but it wouldn't recognise either the GPX or the conversion to KML.

Thanks Stuart. I downloded that and it works well, as long as there is a signal. Unfortunately I'll be thrashing around the remoter parts of the Yorkshire Dales where masts are verbotten so signals are non existent.
I downloaded "Offline Navigation", but that's a massive file. Promo said I could navigate anywhere with it, but it won't let me import anything. All I can do is select a destination.
I can view the KML in Google Earth, but the mobile version won't resolve close enough to show all the minor road junctions when off line.
I have a venerable old Garmin Legend GPS which does work well and will do what I want, but it has a habit of switching itself off for no apparent reason, and with no warning so I'm looking for a reliable alternative.

Don't know if the new OS maps work on a phone with no signal, but they are nowhere near as good as the original Memory Maps; I have the full set of these in all scales down to 1:10,000 so can't really see the point of buying newer and inferior stuff.

I might have to resort to printing out paper maps!

Try Locus Maps (free version)
It supports Gpx and offline maps

Back