How do I work out shutter speed from a Video

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello ,
I a have a new lowfi camera which has a fixed shutter speed which I am trying to work out , How do I do this from a video ? There is a link to the video below.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/28690387@N04/v46Lv8

Thanks everyone.

surely that information would be in the instruction manual that came with it

The instruction manual is about the size of a fag packet and has a similar quality as the camera (crap) unfortunately.Fixed shutter fixed exposure and no idea of the ideal film ASA , On the plus side it is mirrorless and battery less. I'm a little disappointed as is cost 99 pence. That said I've loaded it with Kodak colourplus 200 and have shot about 8 photos so far at varying distances and subject matter to try and get an idea of it's limitations. All in bright sun light at the moment. Next few shots will be in full darkness using a flash as the camera has a hot shoe (very posh)
1.jpg

Last edited:
An old record player set to 33 1/3 rpm rotates at 200° per second. Set one up with a light source so you can measure the angle the light moves through during the exposure. If necessary, use a faster speed on the turntable. Or just use 200 ISO negative film in the thing and trust the medium's exposure latitude to get useable results. If you feel the results are underexposed, use 400 and if overexposed, use 100.
I would guess that the thing probably has a shutter speed of around 1/125th and a fixed aperture of about f/8 but that's just a guess!

Just use DX coded film :D

Just use DX coded film

Dx coded film ? I've compared the camera to the quality of a margarine tub ,the margarine tub won . It really is basic. I'd guessed a small aperture to give it a large depth of field to make up for the lack of focusing on the camera (focus free) and mid range shutter speed . I've now took shots in low light and used the flash in both low light and total darkness (my lad and Mrs Badger really enjoyed being my models ) and also took shots incorporating both relatively close subjects and distant ones to see how it performs. Thanks for the link Mr Box Brownie when I finally send the film off I'll post the results with explanations of the how the shots were taken and in what conditions. I'm guessing there will be a sweet spot of both conditions and and photographic subjects were it works best.

Thanks everyone.

I'm guessing there will be a less sour area of both conditions and and photographic subjects were it works less badly.

FTFY!!! (In jest, although many a true word etc..) Treat it as a toy. Pretty much disposable but will give an image of sorts in most situations. Enjoy it.

I think your wording was probably more accurate Nod !

Pretty much what I'd expect from a pre-set everything camera.

Back