How do we complain to Amazon?

Edit My Images
Yes
Just received a card from Amazon telling me they have sent the card because I am not claiming my Prime membership benefits, but I am not a member I said to the wife, on going to my credit card services I noticed they have taken out a payment for me to join, but I don't want it, I managed to cancel the membership but I want my payment back, I did not sign up for it, there is no details of how to ask anywhere, anyone know?

Thanks

Bottom right of main page click on "Help"

Bottom left - hover over "Need More Help" and on the right "Contact Us" will appear.
You might have to sign in again at this point.

They don't make it easy!

Bottom right of main page click on "Help"

Bottom left - hover over "Need More Help" and on the right "Contact Us" will appear.
You might have to sign in again at this point.

They don't make it easy!

This ^^^

You can choose e-mail / phone or chat option - if you choose chat, you can then tick to have a transcript sent to your e-mail, which helps if any issues further down the line...

Check out their forums. 9/10 posts are people claiming they never joined prime but payment was taken.

Fact is, people don't read, and they do sign up to it.

Thankfully Amazon pretty much always refund.

Check out their forums. 9/10 posts are people claiming they never joined prime but payment was taken.

Fact is, people don't read, and they do sign up to it.

Thankfully Amazon pretty much always refund.

At one point they appeared to have about a dozen (obvious exaggeration... Possibly!) Opt Out boxes that needed ticking to stop you joining Prime's free trial. I was lucky and noticed I had inadvertently signed up so cancelled the trial there and then. No payment was taken and it gave me a chance to see if anything on Prime was worth watching. 1/2 an episode of their Grand Bore was enough!

I've found Amazon customer care very helpful. I'm a joined up member because I spend loads and enjoy the quick delivery at no extra and get the Prime tv chucked in.

Give them a bell they will more than likely sort it for you.

guys you are the best, i will get on with it tomorrow, thank you all..

ok guys, managed to get them to ring me and cancel my subscription that i never took out, they will now refund my £7.99 too, all is well again..
thank you

ok guys, managed to get them to ring me and cancel my subscription that i never took out, they will now refund my £7.99 too, all is well again..
thank you
Actually you probably did take it out without realising and you will again if you don't realise that at checkout it is very difficult to opt out unless you scrutinise it carefully. NOT saying you are stupid - I've signed up twice accidentally even though the second time I was aware of their little games ;~)

There is an option to have an email sent to you before they take payment for the next month. I've opted for this a few times, but have never received an email. When checking my account
I've found that the reminder option has been turned off - as it was a few seconds ago!

Google 'amazon live chat's. Follow the link and just sign in, you can select which item you want to talk about. I have always found their 24 hour live chat very useful.

Also, I have found the same with Natural West. When I moved to Australia it was so handy having 24 hour support.

I've found Amazon customer care very helpful. I'm a joined up member because I spend loads and enjoy the quick delivery at no extra and get the Prime tv chucked in.

Give them a bell they will more than likely sort it for you.

I concur with that although I prefer to communicate by email to which they respond promptly.

Actually you probably did take it out without realising and you will again if you don't realise that at checkout it is very difficult to opt out unless you scrutinise it carefully. NOT saying you are stupid - I've signed up twice accidentally even though the second time I was aware of their little games ;~)
I've never done it by accident and I do wonder how it is possible to.

In the past at checkout I have noticed that there was a button to get your items sent free via prime, I thought I had been careful to avoid touching it t as I have such fat fingers I may have done, however I have never received anything to tell me I had joined either..

You're probably just cleverer than me :~(
Edit to add that have signed up for severa free trials with Prime. When you sign up just go to "my prime" or somesuch and cancel the standing order, you still get your free month or whatever.

Last edited:
I have previously used the free trial and cancelled at the end of the 30 days. Since then I have decided to sign up. I order enough things on there to make it worth the £8 a month on it's own, but I'm now really enjoying a lot of what they have on PrimeTV and I use the Amazon music app all the time and still haven't run into an album or band they haven't let me listen to without paying extra. (And all for less than a TV license)

I have previously used the free trial and cancelled at the end of the 30 days. Since then I have decided to sign up. I order enough things on there to make it worth the £8 a month on it's own, but I'm now really enjoying a lot of what they have on PrimeTV and I use the Amazon music app all the time and still haven't run into an album or band they haven't let me listen to without paying extra. (And all for less than a TV license)
You just don't need to wait 30 days and possibly forget. You just sign up and when it's confirmed go and cancel it. It still runs for 30 days free, unless they change the system. Now it's September they'll probably start pushing the student 6 month trial + cheaper sub (forever, I think) -- I'm not a student but have an academic email address registered with them so they usually nag me to sign up. So far I have not succumbed to the temptation ;~) !

Reactions: Nod
I have an old academic email account which has never been closed down, it can come in handy at times when looking to get an educational discount on things

Back