How do you get a Model for Self-Portraiture?

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm having trouble getting someone into my studio for me to take their self-portrait, any advice on how to get them in?

I've asked myself this many times now, but the answer I keep telling myself is... 'No' :bang:

How do you overcome such reluctance?:shrug:

Half a bottle of Jack Daniels - then do it! :D

I'm having trouble getting someone into my studio for me to take their self-portrait, any advice on how to get them in?

I've asked myself this many times now, but the answer I keep telling myself is... 'No' :bang:

How do you overcome such reluctance?:shrug:

:LOL: have a few more "malts" and you ( they ) won't give a flying fig. But beware "half cut" models are a nightmare to work with ...........arguementitive SOB's

You can't take their self-potrait you can take their portrait.

Only they can take their self-portrait.

Start with family, then their mates or your mates and build up from there.

don't tell them it's a portrait
say you've got some new equipment you'd like to show them
works every time
especially if they're " a bit slow on the uptake" :tumbleweed:

Useful comments (mostly) but the person I want to take the self-portrait of is just too shy at getting in front of the camera
Set the kit up, set the timer, lay on the floor at 45deg to camera, put hands under chin, lift legs from floor at knee, put on great big pinky smile... voila!!!

touché matey:):)

The worst that can happen is you don't like the images and delete them. No one else gets to see the results, you are in total control.

So if you (all) were doing it - would you feel comfortable exposing yourself?

A quick flash never hurt anyone ( unless its frosty :D)

Dave, are you thinking of becoming your own fine art model or something?

He's referring to himself in the third person, or so I believe :) So he wants to take his self-portrait.

So if you (all) were doing it - would you feel comfortable exposing yourself?

are we talking more than facial portrait here?
you know
neck and everything

Diddy 'the double innuendo' Dave strikes again i.e. 'expose'.

I'd not be interested in anything but a portrait of myself, but if I were the only one to see the images, and I had your superb Nikon kit, and ready made excellent studio set up, I'd certainly go for it. If nothing else, for experimental shots.

Errrrm.... have you been drinking Dave... or are those tablets having untoward effects :)

When it comes to nude self-portraits, I find my model does her best work on Vodka. That's how she prefers to look at the proofs, too.

- CJ

When it comes to nude self-portraits, I find my model does her best work on Vodka. That's how she prefers to look at the proofs, too.

- CJ

[S1]This post is worthless without pictures :D [/S1]

Sorry, a quart just isn't enough. But you can send it to my hotel in Brighton anyway. Every little bit helps.

I still don't think you got it at all - you should try again

It was nothing to do with stripping off - it was in fact a joke about taking your OWN portrait, but where the model (yourself) wasn't agreeing to do it

Score = 0/10

Better luck next time - remember - the pen is mightier with a laser in it!!!

I still don't think you got it at all - you should try again

It was nothing to do with stripping off - it was in fact a joke about taking your OWN portrait, but where the model (yourself) wasn't agreeing to do it

Score = 0/10

Better luck next time - remember - the pen is mightier with a laser in it!!!

But I've had a hard day at work and was confused!!! :p

Dont do it mate, the photo may end up on the internet. And people will laugh.

all you need is a white van 4 mates, a sack, rope, club :bat:, and pretty girl ;) or failing thatb4 u ask get them rip roaring drunk so wen they dont remember anything tell them they promised they wud do it and keep reminding them...... ok i think ive thought about this too much :confused: ill shut up now :thinking:

well well well ..:naughty:
its alot harder on the other side " as my thread the other weekend proved "
for me anyway

do as i did and cover youself mate :naughty:

all the best i found this very very hard..
but a few drinks then a few more and i thought what the heck..

go for it mate

md(y)

Hmmm!

Dave youve started this mate so you have to finish it now.

Ok, what about ... if you do ... I will :D

Actually I think we all should!
So what do you say ... we need a self portrait thread ... yes guys?

Shh! we can just titter & run after he's posted it! ;-)

Back