How do you get rid of reflections through a window?

Name
jamie unwin
Edit My Images
No
Hi, i take some of my photos through windows at my house but i end up with reflections in them. Is there a filter for my camera lens which can get rid of this, if not is there another way to get rid of reflections?:thinking:

Circular Polarizer

Or press the lens right up to the glass.

Hmmm, you could try a polarizing filter (CP) but unsure if it will work inside as I've only tried it outside looking in if that makes sense.

I might be wrong but I think a lens hood might help, one that you can put right against the window.

When I could not walk I found I spent quite a bit of time shooting bird and my dogs though windows. You will probably find there is only an hour, or possibly less, a day when you can get clean shots depending on where the light is coming from. If the light (even when the sun is not shining) is coming into the room you will get reflections as will you if there are any internal lights on.

For instance, at this time of my I can only shoot though the window from around 8.10 to 8.30 am IF the sun is shining, otherwise it is too dark or there are too many reflections. In mid-summer the sweet time is around 11 am.

If you can find one, a rubber hood for you lens is the best way without loosing any light (A polariser will reduce the light passing through your lens)

A rubbed hood can be placed up against the glass but still gived you some space for movement.

Circular polarizers won't work shooting straight on to the glass, you'll have to shoot from on angle of about 45 degrees for it to work fully.

Back