How easy is it to digitise cinefilm?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a bunch of old cine films that got passed down from my father. I doubt that there is much of interest on them but feel as though I should preserve them - if it can be done at a reasonable cost.

Any thoughts?

I did some Super 8 for an elderly relative, I just projected it and recorded it with a digital camcorder, it looks as good as the projection, I mean its hardly 2k quality to start with, its 8mm film enlarged to 1m..:)
There are lots of places you can get cine film converted if you don't want to do it yourself.

A quick scan through the internet, gives a cost of about £35 per roll ( 25ft) around £75 for 3 rolls .

I did some Super 8 for an elderly relative, I just projected it and recorded it with a digital camcorder, it looks as good as the projection, I mean its hardly 2k quality to start with, its 8mm film enlarged to 1m..:)
There are lots of places you can get cine film converted if you don't want to do it yourself.

As I have the projector and screen this is probably the best way forward. I'll give it a go to see how well it goes.

A quick scan through the internet, gives a cost of about £35 per roll ( 25ft) around £75 for 3 rolls .

I have about 50 rolls and no real idea of what is on them. I guess having a look at them and narrowing down whilst try the above may be key.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I had an idea I had seen a more integrated solution in a box - the projector and screen takes up a load of space and with those 50 odd reels, this is going to take 'some time'!

Back