How I Move to the next level?

Erm, how the fv<k can you not see the screaming irony in you berating someone else for being a 'weekend warrior'?

Haha, just re-read the thread (didn't get some notifications for some reason?) and can see the irony :D

I mis-used the phrase "Weekend Warrior" in the sense of that being someone that gives images away for free! I'm a "Weekend-midweek Warrior" :p

I mis-used the phrase "Weekend Warrior" in the sense of that being someone that gives images away for free! I'm a "Weekend-midweek Warrior" :p

I think people do look at the phrase different ways... personally I cant see any problem with a weekend photogrpaher (warrior?) who has a job midweek and does photogrpahy at weekend so long as he/she is competative in price... its the ones who do it for a hobby and give there pics away thats the problem... the ones doing it to impress facebook friends or just for experience or fun.... they are a problem.. the ones working at weekend I can't personally see any problem..

It depends on your view point

In all walks of life people have full and part time jobs.. trying to make ends meet and provide for family so forced to work weekends as well as everyday job.. so I ahve no qualms with anyone doing that..like i say so long as competative.. any other reason than making money and a big fat no :(

but thats just my thoughts on the matter.. everyone has there own point of view as you say... and that is what makes the world go around :)

I think people do look at the phrase different ways... personally I cant see any problem with a weekend photogrpaher (warrior?) who has a job midweek and does photogrpahy at weekend so long as he/she is competative in price... its the ones who do it for a hobby and give there pics away thats the problem... the ones doing it to impress facebook friends or just for experience or fun.... they are a problem.. the ones working at weekend I can't personally see any problem..

It appears that it's not just the papers that expect you to give your work away for free :rolleyes:

From one of the club officials :
"you should allow the press free access to your pics provided they credit you appropriately".

The only credit I'll take is some money in the bank! :beer:

"you should allow the press free access to your pics provided they credit you appropriately".

It's all about educating people.. whoever said the above quote will be convinced thats how the world works and wont even realise how ...well how wrong it is :)

Back