How many football games this season?

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
From early july to today

I have done lots of other sport, Cricket, rugby, Boxing and all manner of bits and bats this last season.. But football is my main bread and butter where I amke most of my living..

Totting up.. With tomorrows two games finishing my season .. My football .. 221 football matches from July to now... thats 24 women/girls , 37 adult mens (grass roots & pro but not Accrington Stanley) 66 Accrington Stanley related (league, cup, friendlies, u18) and 94 junior games.

221 football matches not counting a couple of tournaments

Quite pleased with myself.. All earned me money ... JustSayin :)

I don't presume I am the most prolific... so whats your count ? :)

I honestly don't have a clue but it will be somewhere in the same ball park as you - amateur stuff is finishing earlier than last year - when I was shooting cup finals etc. into June. I've currently got three games lined up to finish my season - Scotland v Cyprus on June 8th is my last match (I'd normally be doing women's football which is summer season in Scotland but there's a couple of month break for the World Cup this year) and I'll probably be photographing first day of pre-season training two weeks later - like you I've been paid to shoot all of the games I've done this season.

Well all mine are on my website so was easy enough to count up :)

Unfair to put this only for footy if I could say how many basketball games... then i’d be able to put a decent number of games.
But footy - three games.

55 completed matches plus 1 abandonned due to floodlight failure, one because of a violent storm and two when the ref stopped them due to inter-team fighting.

All amateur stuff and unpaid :(

About 6 Matches.

2 Sheffield United (pre seasons)
2 of my mates Sunday league team to get some practice in.
2 Sunday League Cup Finals

55 completed matches plus 1 abandonned due to floodlight failure, one because of a violent storm and two when the ref stopped them due to inter-team fighting.

All amateur stuff and unpaid :(

7 years of sunday morning league, then another 7 years switching to sunday morning youth rugby, all amateur stuff and unpaid, but the rugby stuff raised money for the team, selling images to parents.

I shouldn't think anyones going to get close to Kipax... unless a certain poster returns and claims he does ;)

Only 35 for me, all Bradford (Park Avenue) related including a few PSFs and one women's match, I usually average around 40 per season.

Only 35 for me, all Bradford (Park Avenue) related including a few PSFs and one women's match, I usually average around 40 per season.

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Wow 2002 the last time I wnt to BPA to photo a stanley match and I used that olympus camera thats in my avatar ---|

http://www.kipax.com/gallery/index.php?album=ASFC_NL/846/

Photograph the local team I support and attended 53 Litherland Remyca games, mostly first team but I’ve followed the reserves / youth teams at several games.

Also, About 4/5 other North West Counties not involving Remyca.

And, attended non league final day at Wembley, but left camera at home as I didn’t want to risk smuggling it in.

Think my photos have got better with practice, although standard of lights makes massive difference to night games. Best grounds for night games have been Widnes and Halifax.

Zero football, unless you count American football.
About 100 hockey games, which is my main earner. Expecting to do 25 or so international games over the summer before the club season comes back, though those won't pay well.

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Wow 2002 the last time I wnt to BPA to photo a stanley match and I used that olympus camera thats in my avatar ---|

http://www.kipax.com/gallery/index.php?album=ASFC_NL/846/
The lights at Horsfall are better now than they were in 2002, but still not great, but my gear has finally improved to the point where I can get decent results from a mid-winter night match. I've been photographing their matches regularly since 2006 when I got my first DSLR, and have to admit that you were an early inspiration from those days, having followed your work on this and previous forums.

The lights at Horsfall are better now than they were in 2002, but still not great, but my gear has finally improved to the point where I can get decent results from a mid-winter night match. I've been photographing their matches regularly since 2006 when I got my first DSLR, and have to admit that you were an early inspiration from those days, having followed your work on this and previous forums.

I started out as a poor mans match of the day in the unibond league :) not many where photographing non league or at least not getting online... I took pics inside and outside the ground.. fans, food outlets.. everything to show people who had never been to that ground... the actual match action was poor as it was a digital camera with a lag and i really had no idea what i was doing.... when accy got promoted to the conference i went on confguide (pre social media) and showed my pics.. one or two others where shooting but mainly just action.... more and more people started getting involved and by the time accy got promoted i think every club in the conference had a photogrpaher haha.. NOT because of my stuff.. I am NOT saying that.. I think as a communuity with the others now able to show there work online.. lots of people got the idea to do the same at there club..... now of course nearly every club at every level has a photographer..which is fantastic :)

I'm not a sports togger but I do occasionally pop into Blaydons ground on a weekend when I'm at Derwenthaugh Park for the Red Kites.

It is something different to do with my camera after the days shooting is done. FWIW there is usually a couple of other guys there as well, don't know if they are from the local rag or the away teams rag, never had a chance to chat as I feel I would be interrupting them.

I'm not a sports togger but I do occasionally pop into Blaydons ground on a weekend when I'm at Derwenthaugh Park for the Red Kites.

It is something different to do with my camera after the days shooting is done. FWIW there is usually a couple of other guys there as well, don't know if they are from the local rag or the away teams rag, never had a chance to chat as I feel I would be interrupting them.

The only problem anyone has who talks to me at a match is.... i can talk the hind legs off a donkey haha.. I talk to anyone whos interested at any match :)

Back