How many photos...

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just out of interest, on average how many photos do you all take every month?

Obviously sports useage is going to be quite high.

Also, what is the average life span of sensor on a 400D?

I tend to take about 100 a month, mostly landscapes, coastal and mountain scenes. I usually keep them all. The good and the bad. It's quite interesting to use the bad ones for Photoshop experiments! Sorry no idea about the life span of a sensor.

I don't think sensors have a lifespan
shutters do though

300 amonth wild life, landscape. also play a lot on adobe cs2
as no idea about sensor

4 or 5 games a week. ave 200 per game.. mebbe 1000 a week :)

probally about 5-20 a day although in one car photoshoot I can take upto 200 shots.I think this thread should be how many keepers do you have as I only tend to keep maybe 20% of what I shoot maybe less sometimes.

I've shot about 2700 since the beginning of nov when i got the camera.
Did get a bit trigger happy on my studio shoot last week when i shot 800 images.
My compact has probably taken about 1500 in 4 years, and now seems to be up the creek.

Since I have started my 365 it is a hell of a lot :p I have taken 7000 shots on my 40D so far and I got it just before Christmas :|

I took nearly a 100 on Sunday. Think my camera is nearly upto it's 10000 photo. Only got it in September. Its a Canon 350 btw.(y)

On my pentax I was upto 7500 in :thinking: four months. :LOL:
I was shooting Icehockey 1-2 nights a week which was bringing back about 200 pics per session.

This month so far [my d200 month] Ive taken about 500 shots. About 250 in Leeds on Saturday, and I was in the studio for another 200 the Sunday before....So yep...about 500 shots in 11 days. :LOL:

7000 in one day is my max!!!

during march-sept when i work just about every weekend i may do 2-3000 each weekend

I take on average about 200 per week, however I only manage to go out at the weekend so chances are that can be done in one day.

I'd say I shoot 2,000-plus a month, mainly through work but with a healthy dose of shots for my own use.

First photo I took this year (on 3 Jan 2008) was file no IMG_6808. Last one I took yesterday was IMG_9267. That's 2,459 photos so far this year.

In the same period, I've uploaded 79 pics to flickr.

That's a fair reflection of my hit rate, as I don't upload ******** [1] to flickr.

[1] well that's my view - YMMV

:)

Ive taken about 40k in 4.5yrs, boils down to 666/month :O :O :O
Definitely varies though, I don't take that amount every month, depends what I'm doing. Also the majority were in yrs 1 and 2.

Hmm, last night I shot 27 frames. Since 5 feb, I've shot 250 frames, and it's been really quite for me. about 25-50% will end up with my agency. However tonight, I expect to shot over 300 frames, So I'll shall report back.

I've shot about 1200 or so this year, mainly motorsports, of which I think I have got about 100 good shots. And if I'm super critical only about 25 to be proud of

I use to take around 300 a month but since I got the 40D in October I have taken about 50 shots due to various reasons and the fact that insects are a bit scarse at the moment.
BTW I read somewhere that the 400D has a expected shutter life of 100k

More than I could have afforded to do in film for sure ;) I reckon 150 shots a week on average. More in the summer when the bugs are around and less in the winter.

If I go to a motor sport event then 600 a day doesn't surprise me. At the WSB meet in Magny Cours in October I filled 2 x 4Gb cards and had to do the winners parade on an old 512Mb card in my bag. Although that was spread over two and a bit days.

I did about 200 at a Bird Sanctuary at the weekend....

i think the 400d shutter life is 50,000 and 200 pounds to replace so roughly 4p a shot.

Dunno, but I filled a 4gb card yesterday shooting Raw files with my 400D.

In the summer, at weddings, probably 10-15K per month, maybe 5-10K a month in the winter. I expect to replace at least one shutter each year :-(

Is replacing a shutter a costly thing then?

It's about £2-300 depending on the camera

Hmm, last night I shot 27 frames. Since 5 feb, I've shot 250 frames, and it's been really quite for me. about 25-50% will end up with my agency. However tonight, I expect to shot over 300 frames, So I'll shall report back.

In he last two nights I've shot about 600 frames. Of that 125 were sent to my picture agencies. The rest are in Digital Heaven (RIP). So I guess each week I'm doing about 1000 frames. Could you imagine the film cost.

I can easily shoot 300+ plus frames in an hour during my lunchtime birding session. Part of the problem is I'm struggling with manual focus lenses and the birds move around real quick! 90% of those 300 photos are deleted same day due to being out of focus, bad composition or whatever.

Shooting so many pics in a single session left me caught short yesterday though.......

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=48868

2Gb card is not enough for an hours birding!

Easily 1000 a weekend, sometimes more. During the week... about 150 with no photoshoots, about 600 with.

Not nearly enough. I'd say about 100 per month?
I really don't have any time.
College all week, college work during the evenings, and work at the weekends.
It literally leaves me with about 20 hours to myself during the week, and that boils down to about 3 hours a night for having a meal and winding down.

An average month, anywhere from 3000 to 8000 depending on what I am shooting and where. Sometimes more, much more!

Back