How many pics on your walls

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
How many of your own pics do you have displayed on the walls of your house and what is the largest size of frame.
I find it is comes down to how well I can negotiate with the wife, and current allowance is 12 of various sizes.

I've got 14 pics on the wall 12x8 in size

Loads. And even some photos by other photographers too.

Biggest so far is 16X12. Would have been poster size (experiment to see how far you can go with 12meg image and my poor photography skills) but the blinking printer at the lab was on the blink. Blinking thing.

But I'm not adverse to changing photos. If a friend really likes a print they see then I send it home with them. Gives me a hole to put up a new one - put up a new picture I mean, not put up a new friend :LOL:

I currently have ....... 0 (unless you count the TP calendar as 1 :p) which is terrible (not the calendar, the fact I don't have any up!! :LOL:). Although I have 2 that I am pleased about and have them mounted and waiting for their frames to be made by the step father.

On this note does anyone else dislike the thought of having a 'print' on the wall of their house ?? I don't mind my own photo's (if I like them) or a photo from someone I know but don't like the thought of a generic print up. :wacky:

Three 30" X 20" and one 14" X 11".

All are from 35mm colour negatives back in my film days.

None :|.

I like my living space to be as sparse as possible - just feels tidier that way :shrug:.

20 7x5 - Holiday snaps of varying quality from round the world
3 16x12 - Various landscapes I like
1 12x12 - Nice holiday shot from Thailand

Soon to be joined by a couple of big prints from Egypt and no doubt some smaller ones and then we are off to Vietnam and Cambodia so no doubt still more to follow!

4 - all A3

One of a Supermoto Rider from Superbiker, Mettet 2006 (the winner and signed)
One of a Motocross Rider doing a whip
One of my first front cover on Supermoto International Magazine
One of my first double page spread from within Supermoto International Magazine

Still looking for a wow-factor photo as well!

Carl.

Two in the bedroom of the children 12x8"s
Two large canvas's in the lounge
Two large canvas's in the entrance hall, one 1.5m by 0.5m landscape

Two large prints in the downstairs loo of Daffodils

3 12x12" canvas on the study wall
I've got permission to put an A1 print of my car in the study. Just need to frame it.

For my birthday last year my wife had two of my photos framed by John Jones who does all the galleries in London. Incredible frames and such a moving gift. They are 3ft x 4ft and 2ft x 1ft. They are the only two photos which I have of mine in our house.

Just a few :p

3x 45" x 30" prints (1 in office, 2 in bedroom) unframed
3x 36" x 24" prints (2 in office, 1 in bedroom) unframed
4x 30" x 20" prints (2 in office, 2 in bedroom) in 50"x30" (ish) frames from Ikea.
8x 30" x 20" prints to go in frames when I get around to it.

also a few photos by a photographer who always has a stall at Edinburgh Festival.
Odd few A4 prints around the place.

I'm moving next week to live in my third city in two months.
pictures on the wall isn't a concern

Just a few :p

3x 45" x 30" prints (1 in office, 2 in bedroom) unframed
3x 36" x 24" prints (2 in office, 1 in bedroom) unframed
4x 30" x 20" prints (2 in office, 2 in bedroom) in 50"x30" (ish) frames from Ikea.
8x 30" x 20" prints to go in frames when I get around to it.

also a few photos by a photographer who always has a stall at Edinburgh Festival.
Odd few A4 prints around the place.

Saves buying wallpaper.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

well, there's 35 shots around the office/workroom ranging from A4 to 30"x20". Another 4 in the Kitchen, and 5 more in the Living room. Not bad, considering I only like maybe 2-3 of them, guess I bow to family pressure too easily.

I have a couple of my own pictures up, only up to A4 as printed them myself, also have a few pieces by my friends up here and there, would be more than happy to get some of Joes work framed! :)

About a dozen in frames, 3 at A3 and most of the rest at A4 with a few 6x4s thrown in. Also got a few in shelf standing frames as well as some blu-takked to walls.

Two A4 sized - both from same holiday, one with a Canon G1, another with a Minolta X-300 35mm camera

Biggest is A3, have about half a dozen others around the place, 8x10 mostly and one A4.

2, up the stairs. Should be 4 really as there should be a third to complete the set and a canvas in my parents room (when I get round to printing it...). When at uni I used to have two large pints up, one 18x12 and the other 24x16.

We're a rather arty farty family though so wall space is scarce. I think out of the couple of dozen things on our wall only a couple are not done by us. My sister has a few painted canvases up and my dad had about half a dozen water colours up as well.

of my own work, just the one.

A photo I took of my fiancée on a day out several years ago, 10 x 8" in size, framed and takes pride of place on my desk at home.

Having moved from the North East some 4 years ago I'm still trying to get a shot I like of some local land marks from up there, but always find fault with them, so none of them have made the print stage as of yet. May be next time :LOL:

Back