How Many?

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
Must admit, I have several cameras, most sit in a drawer from my early days, way back in 2004. I wasn't serious about photography then and they are not sophisticated models, the most sophisticated being a Fuji S7000.

The bug bit me hard around 2009 though and at the time, I didn't know what a DSLR was, let alone about various lenses. I've owned a few cameras since then and currently, a 350D that I've given to my 9 year old daughter, I have a 7D that just sits in a drawer too. I have a 5Div and a Fuji X-T10 as my main cameras. I refuse to buy into other brands, not because I have anything against them but I just don't want another menu system in my head, 2 is enough. I am tempted to buy a newer Fuji but the T10 is just so fluffy, it's lovely. I also have a Canon SLR, 35mm film camera, which is an endulgence.

I must admit, I do feel a little guilty, with the 7D sat there doing nothing and owning 2 other cameras that I do use. 'Guilty' isn't the right word but you know what I mean.

That was until I just watched Thomas Heaton's latest video. The video is specifically about how many cameras he currently owns. I really enjoyed the video, I've been following him for about 5 years now and really enjoy his channel but I didn't realise he had so many.

He owns 19.

Which got me thinking.

How many do you own?

:)

Last edited:
Canon EOS R
Canon EOS RP (gong to sell it as just upgraded last week to the R again!)
Panasonic GH4
kodak DCS Pro SLR C
Kodak DCS Pro SLR N
Kodak DCS Pro 14N
Kodak PixPro S1
Canon D30
Canon Rebel XTI
Leica V Lux 114
Leica X 113
Nikon V1
Nikon V2

Problems.... much!

More than enough!

2 digital (excl phone) and 20 film. Just counted them for the first time.

He owns 19.

I counted 9 in his video, so not too bad. I have 3 digital and 6 film (though I don't use 4 of those). I have a rationale for using each, so feel reasonably OK with the excess. FWIW:

Digital
Fuji GFX50S - serious landscape not involving a hike. Studio portraits.
Fuji XT3 - landscapes on long hikes. More casual portraits. Astro.
Fuji X100F - parties, friends and family, walkabout, holiday snaps, casual walking

Film
Pentax 6x7 - serious landscape not involving a hike. Serious portraits.
Leica M6 - parties, friends and family, walkabout, holiday snaps, casual walking

So the only real decision is whether I am in a film mood or digital mood.

6 Nikon 1 V's ( 3 V1, 2 V2, 1V3 and a J5 )
1 Z6
1 D500
1 oly em5.1
3 contax 139's
3 contax post war RF cameras
a few kiev 4's

had about twice this number a few years ago - mainly classic film cameras including M3, 2 Contax g2's and sundry Voigts, Yashica/Contax, Retina's - all sold at a profit.

All Fuji:

X-Pro 1
X-Pro 2
X-E1
X-H1
X-T3

I just sold quite a few of mine to get my new cameras so much more streamlined now. I have 4 main cameras 2xD850s and a Sony a7R IV and A9. The Nikons may also go as I get used to the Sonys

Digital.
Sony A7.
Panasonic GX80, GX9 and TZ100.
Canon Ixus 82.
Medion 85173.
Film, not used for years.
Kodax 35 Instamatic.
Jessops Quickshot AW1.
Miranda 35mm.

Olympus EM1 MkII
Yashica Minister 700 - just back from a service
Yashica Minister D - going up for sale
Pentax ME Super x 2 - one being serviced. One for spares
Pentax Spotmatic SPII - needs a service then a keeper
Minolta 7000 - going up for sale
Agfa Isolette II
A couple of film P&$ - going up for sale
Minolta Vectis 25 (APS) - in use but then going up for sale (maybe).

Got about 30 including a fair few really old box cameras etc.
Minolta 9000 set up, couple of olympus 35mm too as well as an omd-em10 and a Sony A9 digital.

Box Brownie Junior (1946)
Box Brownie (1955)
Kodak 35 Instamatic
Canon Ixus 70
Canon Ixus 125
Panasonic Lumix TZ55
Panasonic Lumix FZ72
Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 (To be continued...)
;)

Last edited:
Scary.
D500
Olympus EM-D's - 3
Film - 1 Nikon F5, several Leica iii's, a couple of very early Kodaks, loads of Pentax SLRs, a couple of TLR's, and a few others. Probably about 20 in total film cameras.

Just 3 for me

Sony a900 DSLR
Sony a7Riii
Sony a7Riv

Les :)

I have 3, but for many years its always been 2

They are ALL the same body, so currently 3x D750

When I change again it'll be at least 2, poss 3, and the current ones will go

I guess its the difference between part-ex to replace your car rather than just buying new ones and parking the old

Dave

Just 4

1x Nikon D810 - soon will sell this to fund either a D850 or the DSLR that comes afterwards. Sitting on it just now
2x Pentax 645z - my dream camera and I have 2 :D
1x old Nikon D80 which doesn't actually work

Ooh that's interesting Steve :)

Given how brilliant the Pentax is, what is it about the D850 that also has you wanting this in your bag? Is it perhaps just that it's smaller and lighter, or something else?

Dave

Ooh that's interesting Steve :)

Given how brilliant the Pentax is, what is it about the D850 that also has you wanting this in your bag? Is it perhaps just that it's smaller and lighter, or something else?

Dave

To use the 70-200 2.8 on really. It's such a stellar lens. The longer pentax offerings are the 80-160 200f4 and 300f4. I have the 80-160 and 200 but neither offer the equivalent field of view or flexibility a FF camera has with a 70-200. When I travel abroad I use this lens a lot. Not so much back home....so no rush for this. If I can make do with with the 80-160 and 200f4 I will sell all the remaining FF gear.

On the 645z I have the 28-45 and 45-85 which once stopped down are stellar and offer completely uniform sharpness all over the frame - which is of paramount importance to me as I shoot landscapes. It's big, lovable and the most logically laid out camera, after a Nikon D8x0 and high end Canon.

Pentax do a 150-300 but apparently it's not very good which would be a logical purchase to sit amongst my other zooms. I suspect the 645 format will either die...or they'll invest in the 100mp chip in a couple of years and revamp some of the lenses.

Edit - if feeling flush I might keep the D810 and get it IR converted. I can me having a lot of fun with that making B&W images.

Last edited:
My gear list is:

Nikon Z5
Fuji Xe1
Canon 350d infrared converted

Silly thing is that I don’t own any Fuji or Canon glass so the last two are doorstops at the minute. I should get a cheap kit zoom for the Canon ready for summer.

2 soon to be 3
Then back to 2

X100f

G2

GX7 on the way

I have just over 50 cameras. Three are digital - Canon EOS 80D, Panasonic Lumix G7 and Panasonic Lumix TZ80. The rest are film cameras dating from 1912 to 2002, all in use as often as I can afford the film. My favourites are: Voigtlander Vito B, Bronica ETRs, Nikon F2 Photomic and Canon AT-1.

Interesting to hear all the different combos out there and how wide the camera ownership is. I don't feel so bad now about going for the X-T4 (and the 70-300+TC) or maybe wait on the rumoured Canon R7, which if the rumours are true, on the face of it, would make a great hide and wildlife camera and I have glass I could use on it, albeit adapted. This would be my 5D back up but also gets me on the Canon mirriorless trail, which I think is the future.

All conjecture for me at the moment though as MF might be coming into it too.

Oh for loads of money.

Sony A9ii then half a dozen film cameras including a couple of box brownies, my favourite film camera being the Olympus OM1.

Back