How often would you edit the picture on the pc?

Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondered if people would give some post image processing to all pics they take?

Hi flashy, I tend to autocorrect contrast on all my shots as I prefer how they look after doing this. I'll crop them if needed but this tends to be all the editing I do unless i need to remove something from the image and I can do it without spoiling the final image

Yes for me. I only shoot in RAW format, or scan in from film negs so there's usually cropping, and a bunch of exposure, contrast and colour settings that are made before finally applying some sharpening. The amount of processing varies greatly but there is alway something applied in Capture One, Affinity or Photoshop.

I am not good enough that all my shots need pp.The figure is probably around 10% for various reasons

All of them..

and your subject line is missleading...

This is a subject on which there are many threads on this forum. Your subject line says "edit" your question says "post process", for me there is a difference between these two things, I would classify editing as more heavy alteration of an image than post processing.

Assuming digital images then the thing that is recorded by the camera is a set of numeric values that represent light intensity of different colours at points on the sensor. So what the camera “photographs” isn’t even a picture that humans can understand. The digital data has to be rendered in a way that can be displayed for your eyes to see, essentially this is post processing, so even if you just take jpegs off your camera and print them, they have been post processed, this may have been done by the camera default settings rather than you making any specific decisions but somewhere the white-balance, compression level, etc. has been applied in post processing. Most people who want to make the most of their photographs do not leave it up to the camera to make these decisions, they capture the images in RAW and then make their own decisions about levels, white-balance, etc.

The upshot of this is that for those photos which are worth keeping most serious photographers will do some post processing. This has ALWAYS been the case, in the days of film and wet printing, serious ‘togs still post-processed in the dark room to get the most from their photos.

All of them as I shoot in RAW and moreover really enjoy it much more so than I ever did with my darkroom. What luxury playing with photographs in the warm and daylight whilst listening to my favorite music. Those weren't the days, for me anyway.

Only to those that will pass my first culling! Subsequent
culling may cut short further consideration in post.

As I proceed, the remaining shots only will be fully PP'ed.

Those I select as keepers, which is also about 1/3 to 1/4 of what I shoot, yep.

Everything I upload to flickr or similar has been through post processing in either Photoshop or Lightroom. This is approx. 10/20% of all the images I take. The others don't ever get seen by anyone else.
This number is probably higher recently as I've been more considerate when taking a shot.

Back