how to change my image thumbnail for google!

Name
Laura
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone

Im getting really frustrated. Im having my logo appear as my image thumbnail when im found on google under wedding photographers. The photographer above and below my have am image. I have changed on yoast my feature image to what i want and it shows on the yoast preview to have the image. But its not changing on google. The image i have set is the correct size and has alt txt and tile ect. I don't know why my logo has come up which isn't even the correct size to fit. Any advise would be much appreciated.

so is there anything i can do. The feature image has been set like this for the past 2 months and iv gone updates before and got them to crawl my page in google console. Nothing has changed on the thumbnail though.

I assume you are using either a page map or meta tag to define your thumbnail... you could try switching to the other method (it seems like the page map might be better supported). But you also said it's chosen an image that is entirely incorrect as well... you might want to disable auto thumbnail selection; but I'm just guessing.

Last edited:
thanks for your advice. can i ask how you do that i have no clue how you disable auto thumbnail on wordpress.

Back