How to Delete this, new Mac user.

Name
Lennard
Edit My Images
Yes
Just, last 2 weeks been given a new MacBook Pro, M1 Processor, I have this irritating Message on screen that I can`t get rid of, any help appreciated.
See screen1630338665182.png shot.

Have you tried googling the first part of the address to see where Google says it goes?

Don't click the link.

Solving IT problems for over 50 years

9224bb071e244ddb1bf7f057e07b59da.jpeg

Silly old PC user for 50 years.

Mac's just work right up until they don't, and then they can be really awkward to fix. Unless you're good with the command line it can be a bit tricky to sort out problems under the bonnet.

My immediate thought is you've picked up malware, but I'm not certain.

If this is on your desktop have you tried changing the background image?

It looks like you've screen shot something for your background - and during the process hovered over something that briefly displayed a URL - then once saved it looks like an annoying message that you can't get rid of. Try changing the wallpaper and see if it disappears.

I don't think not a malware, it's an annoying bug in OSX (not a new one either)
It also doesn't look too be a wallpaper since OP says it covers everything he's opening which a wallpaper wouldn't do.

@stryvya try creating a new desktop and deleting this one and see if it disappears.

Last edited:
A steel at 9k +

Now that the OP has sorted his problem:

Our first IBM one at work was the XT in ‘83.
4 mhz cpu a HUGE 10 MB disk.

We stood around and gazed with awe at this marvel. Well it was just a touch smaller than our PDP/11’s which occupied about 1/4 of a room.

Oh - those were the days !

One forgets just how long personal ( ie small ) computers have been around though. We used to use commodore PETs before the IBM stuff appeared to run test rigs - they had a IEEE 488 bus built in to talk to and control instruments.

I am just rambling now so I will shut up.

We used to use commodore PETs before the IBM stuff appeared ...
With the original "Chiclet" keyboard? I wrote a couple of business programs on those around 1980. It was amazing how much I could get into 8K if someone crossed my palm with enough £5 notes! :naughty:

You're a decade plus out there Lennard - I followed up my C64 with an Amiga in around '85/86. Although I had to repair a few Amstrads for customers, I was never daft enough to own one. ;)

Back