How to do automated backups on Xp machine

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I use an XP computer for my main photo editing. I have just invested in an external as a backup and am looking to invest in another 1TB drive to put into the base unit as a backup.

Is there any software that backs up certain folders automaticlly?

I want something that will copy my Photo folder and maybe a cpl of others over automatically. At the moment I do it manually, but just wondered if there was a better way?

I use allway sync to do backups of my uni stuff and my sisters office stuff - its free for limited use (you'll blow that away with a tb of photos). It can be set to do backup x minutes after changes, backup every x minutes, backup when external drive added or a daily/weekly scheduled backup and probably a bit more, also backsup across a network fine on windows machines (never had a mac and didnt try it on linux)

I'm sure I wrote in this thread a few days ago...

Synctoy does the job.

Xp Pro. Just google NT backup I presume for that. Like the sound of the allway sync, but I can shoot 8GB of pics in a session, sometime 4 of which I keep, so might need to purchase if I go for that.

I like the idea of flexibility offered by the allway, but haven't looked into NTBackup yet, so if anyone knows what the deal is (I am at work and lots of cpu related sites are blocked) would be greatful

Synctoy is free from Microsoft, no limits on number of files ;)

NTBackup is free, part of XP Pro and will do what you require.

Setup a scheduled task for it to do an incremental backup every hour or day or whatever and it should sort you out. Obviously, you'll need to manually set it to do a full backup to start with, or the incremental won't work properly. :)

Another vote for Synctoy

Back