how to include exif data

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi all :wave:
I've posted quite a few images on the forum recently and have always used the 'save for web' in PS which I know strips the exif but it's a quick way to convert the images suitable for the forum as it gives me the file size etc..

How do I include the exif data with a jpeg? OK I know my shots are not too great, but sometimes they seem to work and it would be nice to share the exif :)

Just use the Save AS and save as a jpg - the info is also helpful when commenting on a picture.

Just use the Save AS and save as a jpg - the info is also helpful when commenting on a picture.

Thanks Paul for the reply :clap:

am I missing something somewhere as I tried this but couldn't see the file size or image quality options :bang: I'll try again :D

Steve

Steve,

The quality settings come up in cs3 when you hit the Save button to save the image. Not sure on other apps though :thinking:

Steve,

The quality settings come up in cs3 when you hit the Save button to save the image. Not sure on other apps though :thinking:

Thanks Paul :clap:

I'm using CS2 (should be the same, I guess) I'll give it a go :)

Steve

Hi again

Still can't seem to save in jpeg with the exif data :bang: I tried the 'save' method suggested but it doesn't bring up jpeg as a file type :shrug: If it helps I'm bringing the shots into CS2 in Raw format.

Any help greatly appreciated :D

Steve

Hi again

Still can't seem to save in jpeg with the exif data :bang: I tried the 'save' method suggested but it doesn't bring up jpeg as a file type :shrug: If it helps I'm bringing the shots into CS2 in Raw format.

Any help greatly appreciated :D

Steve

You should be converting that RAW file into something, a TIFF file or Jpeg or other when you Save AS, jpeg should be on the list.

You should be converting that RAW file into something, a TIFF file or Jpeg or other when you Save AS, jpeg should be on the list.

Thanks for the reply Pete, but I tried it with Tiff files as well, but still no jpeg option when I try to save

Steve

Back