How to ruin your gear in five minutes without water

Name
Clarence
Edit My Images
Yes
I saw this topic on lens rentals.com where they described the damage to camera equipment used at color run events. Apparently the colored cornstarch sprays they use on the runners can pass through even the best weather sealed lenses and camera bodies (and even iPads ) and cause amazing damage. So the lesson Is don't take your camera to a color run event.

Breathing any small particulates in quantity is potentially harmful to your lungs - anyone suffering from asthma or other breathing disorders could be seriously affected as could people with an allergy to cornstarch.
The whole thing seems to be a pretty stupid idea to me :shrug:

Well maybe a few more than a couple of pints......

yeah and alcohol never did anyone any harm, absolutely zero negative affects with alcohol :)

I've never head of a colo(u)r run (except when a coloured item gets in the white wash). Is this an Americanism yet to reach these shores?

Looking forward to the first Xperia Z smartphone to fall foul of this, given the TV advert.

Going to be signing up for this, it looks great! Will be leaving the camera gear at home though... (unless I finally get a UW housing for my compact...)

Back