How to Take Stunning Pictures On TV

Can't wait for tomorrow evening to come. Not so much to see the programme (which I will watch), but just to see if torn to shreds :LOL:

Thanks for the heads up. I have set the sky + box to record the series. Lets hope it lives up to expectations.

Suzi Perry?!

My how the mighty have fallen.... one minute hanging out with Vale and Gorgeous George and now having to rub shoulders with mere dirty photographers.

Hope they don't use her as a model, well, not unless there's a lot of photoshop involved :D

i think this is irony ... right? she's fit!

The trailer Looks good - I think the future of TV has got to be special interest shows like this - Less entertainment and more real worth info progs:clap:

Cant wait:cool:

Thanks. Closed it instead with a link to here. All got a bit messy when I merged the other one :)

thanks for the heads up,looking forward to it.
Suzi`s always nice on the eye aswell lol.

love it how they say get good composition but dont tell you how to get it or what it even is.

I dont need to know but isn`t this a a program about tips?

The camera fades are so annoying :nono:

32gb cards, oh dear, not advisable.

Won't enter this competition, expecting to win the gadget show one :LOL:

that was pretty rubbish. didnt really teach anything, very surprised to see a show about portrait photography that didnt mention how to focus, where to focus or aperture and depth of field.

really what did they actually teach anyone?

£1 a text to enter the competition?! no thanks. And would cost £2500 in the shops? seems a bit inflated to me...

and yes..rubbish imo

So, one chap uses a mobile phone to take photos, the other took the photo that has become one of the most well known logos in the last couple of years. Strange mix.
Dean:)

what happened, I got bored

They started out by showing people's usual party shot full of technical errors saying "We can help you fix that" then not one mention of exposure, focus or flash use throughout the programme.

They then talk about sticking to natural light and composition but don't tell you how to. All we see is them snapping, not what they're seeing through the view-finder.

Rubbish

Last edited:
'twas a shame. finally thought that it might be better.... and yes, of course, a Panasonic competition!

I found it amusing that the camera man filming it showed us at least two better shots (or the ones he would take) and then swing back to the guys doing.. something else. I guess he had to entertain himself somehow!!

Jas

Makes me want to trade up to a Lumix

I would have to agree with previous sentiments that the programme was pretty rubbish :shrug: :shake:

I don't know what I was expecting, but It didn't tell me anything that I havent already read or learned about in this most excellent of forums (y)

Annoying, I kept shouting at the screen " use the viewfinder" I think I saw the `Help the heros` guy with the camera up to his face once but in the next shot he was back to liveview, the director must have given him a slap and told him to stop blocking the view of the product.

I watched it with my wife who afterwards commented something to the effect...

"Well I didn't learn anything there so I'm bloody sure you didn't!"

:LOL:

Lovely & insightful wifey :)

And yes, it was a bit disappointing even for an entry level programme :(

Nice long advert though :D

DD

that was pretty rubbish. didnt really teach anything, very surprised to see a show about portrait photography that didnt mention how to focus, where to focus or aperture and depth of field.

really what did they actually teach anyone?

So, one chap uses a mobile phone to take photos, the other took the photo that has become one of the most well known logos in the last couple of years. Strange mix.

What did you expect? This is a photography show on Channel 5, almost certainly designed for the lowest common denominator and/or the facebook fraternity. No point teaching DSLR style skills to people who have automatic compacts...:LOL:

(No I didn't watch it, because I was expecting it to be what it seems to have turned out like... :p)

Last edited:
Back