How would you give a company your edited images?

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
If you were to send edited images to a company, how would you send them? Zip folder in an email, or put them on a compact disc and post it to the company? or something else?

Is it a one off? Zip folder on Dropbox or wetransfer would work.

Personally, I use pixieset to deliver an online gallery with options to download as zip.

No not a one off

I usually create a private, password-protected gallery containing both hi-res and low-res versions (or whatever they have asked for) on my website from which they can download them or pass on the details to whoever needs to.

Either that or send them via wetransfer whichever is appropriate.

Seriously?

What do you mean? You gave me a four tiny words in your reply and you expected me to figure out how I was going to do it. Anyway.........I looked it up and I have to pay more money that I don't have for the website. My current account doesn't allow 'member areas'.

@justinminns Seens good.

I think I'll stick to a website like dropbox or something for now.
Thanks for all your input. (y)

This feels like troll post. No one spell to a time warp 10 years ago.

Who emails images? And who either want to send or receive hundreds of megabytes of images?
And who has a CD player these days?
And who wants to wait an extra day or so to receive them?

I'm also guessing you don't have a proper website, because you can sit your own 'areas' up very easily if you know what you're doing

Who emails images? And who either want to send or receive hundreds of megabytes of images?

I'm also guessing you don't have a proper website, because you can sit your own 'areas' up very easily if you know what you're doing

I don't know it is about some parts of this forum being so toxic, especially when people are asking questions. Don't assume everyone has the same knowledge as you.

It would depend on the engagement as to whether you should use something more professional to deliver (like Pixieset/Pictime/website gallery) or use something like Google Drive/Dropbox and providing a link to download. If they are not paying you/are paying little then it might not make sense to invest in something like Pixieset/Pic-Time. If this is a regular thing and the money you are being paid more than covers it then go for it.

From what I remember from your website critique post, you are using Squarespace for your website? I don't believe they offer photo proofing galleries. But you could create a new unlinked (unlinked meaning it is not in the navigation menu and only reachable if you have the link) and password protected page. On this you could include a gallery of the photos for your client + a link to download the full res files from Google Drive/drop box.

If it's a regular thing, then buy the add-on you mentioned or pay for the options mentioned above - then build the costs into your pricing?

Or if it's a one off, or at least not regular, then onedrive, dropbox, or such like are perfectly fine

Dropbox but you're very quickly going to need to pay for it or via my website. But you'll need to pay for that too.

I don't know it is about some parts of this forum being so toxic, especially when people are asking questions. Don't assume everyone has the same knowledge as you.

It would depend on the engagement as to whether you should use something more professional to deliver (like Pixieset/Pictime/website gallery) or use something like Google Drive/Dropbox and providing a link to download. If they are not paying you/are paying little then it might not make sense to invest in something like Pixieset/Pic-Time. If this is a regular thing and the money you are being paid more than covers it then go for it.

From what I remember from your website critique post, you are using Squarespace for your website? I don't believe they offer photo proofing galleries. But you could create a new unlinked (unlinked meaning it is not in the navigation menu and only reachable if you have the link) and password protected page. On this you could include a gallery of the photos for your client + a link to download the full res files from Google Drive/drop box.

Normally I'd agree with you.With the OP's posting history though my first reaction was one of surprise he has a customer

Last edited:

Maybe not. They've been posting here for 7 years or so but not too heavily, only 1200 or so posts. Maybe that's a bit too much of a record for a troll? I could be wrong but maybe time for giving a little benefit of doubt?

I would use wetransfer or google drive but just in case the spam filters on the customers end block downloading I would follow up with a USB stick sent recorded signed for to the person requesting the photos

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zBmqIFpzhU

(If you were to send edited images to a company, how would you send them? Zip folder in an email, or put them on a compact disc and post it to the company?) or something else?
What do you mean? You gave me a four tiny words in your reply and you expected me to figure out how I was going to do it.

Four words replying to three. That seemed like a fair ratio.

Yes. I expected you to have a little bit of intelligence and gumption, or at least enough to do some research off your own bat.

Which you did and therefore will probably remember that more than any explanation I would have give:

Anyway.........I looked it up and I have to pay more money that I don't have for the website. My current account doesn't allow 'member areas'.

Now do you understand why it would have been a waste of timing typing out more than four words?

I love your post. Why? Because not everyone knows the answer if they don't know how something works.

Do I have a proper website? I set a website up with Squarespace and I released it in June of last year.

I CANNOT use member areas because I CANNOT AFFORD IT. Simpe as that.

Truthfully, I don't have a job at the moment and I'm trying to watch my money

I CANNOT use member areas because I CANNOT AFFORD IT. Simpe as that.

Then either find a way of affording the extra £8pcm ( £21 pm v £13pm) or move to a platform that is based
around client delivery like Zenfolio - which offers password protected delivery for even the most basic packages.

It isn't that surprising that you avoid asking business questions in the business area. This thread would be far more entertaining if that were the case.

Then either find a way of affording the extra £8pcm ( £21 pm v £13pm) or move to a platform that is based
around client delivery like Zenfolio - which offers password protected delivery for even the most basic packages.

It isn't that surprising that you avoid asking business questions in the business area. This thread would be far more entertaining if that were the case.

I like Squarespace. I wouldn't move from them. I will probably use Pixieset (free acount) or Google Drive. BUT I'm not in a rush in deciding.

Last edited:
Thank you for letting us all know how pointless it was answering your question.

I ask the customer whats best for them.. Most will ahve done it before and I will do whats easiest for them... if they havent got a clue then i usually use "wetransfer" as its the simplest for those that havent got a clue :)

Thank you for letting us all know how pointless it was answering your question.

I answered something I didn't know how to do and what do I get? People like you who undermine me like someone else on another thread of mine when I didn't know the answer to.

I joined this forum because I thought it was the best forum out there (and it was UK based), I didn't think I would be hostile in some areas. If you don't like what I ask or write, then don't bother replying. Same goes for everyone else.

Last edited:
I answered something I didn't know how to do and what do I get? People like you who undermine me like someone else on another thread of mine when I didn't know the answer to.

I joined this forum because I thought it was the best forum out there (and it was UK based), I didn't think I would be hostile in some areas. If you don't like what I ask or write, then don't bother replying. Same goes for everyone else.

Of course you could always try listening and even taking the good advice thats freely given.

One free piece of advice, your potential customers don't care you have no money, if you can't deliver then you can't deliver. Find a way to make things work cheaply (& many of the options you've been given are free or very cheap) or don't expect anyone to pay you

I do listen Hugh

Just use the ignor button. I do, then you can concentrate on answers that are tying to help. It's the same people most of the time so when you have the ignor enabled it's like they are not there. Hope that helps. It works great.

Gone with Pixieset

Back