HTC Desire Case - Otterbox or Case-Mate

I've got the Impact case for the iPhone, already dropped my phone a couple of times (from coat pocket height onto pavement) so far no damage! A friend has the defender for iPhone, swears by it....

I've got the casemate, really like it. High quality, fits perfectly.

Had my case-mate tough for the last few days.
First thoughts:

. Not worth 16 quid
. Dust magnet

But I will hang onto it as it provides a good grip and the other choices don't seem as good (not including the otterbox).

ps. The case-mate comes with a screen protector. Definately use a Screen protector. I forked out a tenner for fancy michal fields screen protector - most probably not worth it.

Last edited:
Have a Defender for my BB 9700 - unbeatable protection with a very robust belt clip - but extremely bulky overall and the rubber outer casing is a dust magnet like you can't imagine!
If you can live with all that, you won't find better protection - 'cept maybe a Pelican case :D

ive had case mate covers for the rears of both my desire and now my desireHD, very good protection if you dont want something that covers the entire phone, definetly protected my desire for 6 months before i sold it as it looked brand new. not tried any other cases to compare it to though

I have a otter box on my iphone and I am a mechanic its the best perchace I could of made. Its kept my phone a1 and is had some really abuse even been cought in a car door. It also stops it falling out your pocket as easy as its rubberized.

I have screen protector on my iPhone, and one on the back too, plus a normal Ed hardy hard case...I find that provides all the protection I'd want...

I have a rubber case from the bay and a screen protector. It's been dropped of a van roof. Kicked around a floor dropped on decking from waist height been really abused if I'm honest and I had to change the screen protector the other day as I couldn't see nowt and the phone is still in good nick

Back