Humphrey Littelton

grumpybadger

Alan Rickman
Name
Paul Beastall
Edit My Images
Yes
Probably going to be showing my age now but what a sad loss to both music and comedy.

I grew up listening to I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue and my dad was a member of Humph's jazz club in the late 1950's when he was a student in London.

Off to listen to some CDs.

and my dad was a member of Humph's jazz club in the late 1950's when he was a student in London.

I think my dad played with him once or twice too...!
He (my dad) played violin in a Grapelli style, with Diz Disley for many years (hey, he also played with Rod Stewart when Rod was good..!)

Humph, along with Melly - both sad losses..

3 1/2 weeks ago, myself and the OH went to the Hammersmith Apollo to see ISIHAC The Tour. Humph was in fine form, even giving us a rendition of Bad Penny Blues on the trumpet as a final encore after Kazoo and Swanee Whistle - no mean feat for a man well into his mid eighties. The news of his death, whilst not entirely unexpected after the email about him being admitted to hospital, was still a very sad moment. He entertained many people over many years both with his Jazz and of course, 'Clue. I just hope he passed through Mornington Crescent on his way to a better place ;)

RIP Humph :crying:

LadyLens - I like your signature..

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - food in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOW what a ride!

Back