Huts on Stilts

It was kind of them not to paint the beach huts some garish colours as they work so well with your style. You really have a good eye, the vision to see these shots Neil.
Absolutely terrific work. More power to your elbow and all that work in post is really worth it. Agree with Stuart but all 3 are Top Work! (y)
Thanks Steve :)

These are amongst the very best of this type of imagery I have seen anywhere. #1 & #3 are outstanding - truly outstanding - and I suspect #1 would look fantastic printed large on good quality paper. The tones in #1 just edge it, but all are superb. Cracking job.
Cheers Paul, very kind of you :)

Top drawer material.
Beautiful work.
No3 is simply Ace.
Thanks Paul :)

Very nice. I especially like No. 1. If it was mine I think I would try it in a panoramic format, losing some of the top and bottom. Not that there is anything wrong with it as it is!

Where are these huts?

Steve.

Very nice. I especially like No. 1. If it was mine I think I would try it in a panoramic format, losing some of the top and bottom. Not that there is anything wrong with it as it is!

Where are these huts?

Steve.
Thanks Steve, personally I like to give my minimalism a bet of room, but the crop would work too :) They are in Essex.

lovely set of picc
can i ask where these beach huts are in essex
as im up in Edinburgh so dont know that coastline

Last edited:
Look almost 3D rendered........... ha busted....... seriously, fantastic shots Neil, keeping your high standards.

Last edited:
Look almost 3D rendered........... ha busted....... seriously, fantastic shots Neil, keeping your high standards.
Ha cheers... I'd love to know how to do 3D, Michal Karcz uses mixture of photography images and 3D to create stunning work, one of my favourite artists.

Loving these - saw some shots from another Flickr contact of these recently and had a drive over to have a look (they are about 25 minutes from me) - was very low tide as go there but will have to go back at some point.

Love all of those shots, Neil, the 3rd being my favourite. Interesting you say you're potentially planning some LE workshops, I'd certainly come along to one!

Loving these - saw some shots from another Flickr contact of these recently and had a drive over to have a look (they are about 25 minutes from me) - was very low tide as go there but will have to go back at some point.

Fabulous shots, Moody and quite eerie.

Love 'em............

perfect tones - such tranquil images :)

Who would of thought that the humble beach hut could be turned into a work of art. Super images. No1 would be on my wall if it was mine !
Thanks all :)

Love all of those shots, Neil, the 3rd being my favourite. Interesting you say you're potentially planning some LE workshops, I'd certainly come along to one!
Thank you! If you want to send me your details to info@flipsidedesign.co.uk or message me on here, then I will give you more details. :)

Ordinarily, number 1 would the top shot but number 3 just knocks it out of the park with the lovely mist gradient and the disappearing huts.

What a stunning set, I don't normally venture into this section but glad I did, someone mentioned "work of Art" and I could not agree more, well done.

Interesting points regarding processing etc. Images is the phrase I always tend to use. Processing for me is all about how we visualise the image at the time and use all the tools in our armoury to present it as we see it in our heads. You have to have both vision and technical expertise. Not many have that combination. I certainly don't have that technical ability and I doff my hat to those (and I include you in that group) that possess both the artistry and the technical expertise. Superb work Neil - I think these are fabulous images.

Interesting points regarding processing etc. Images is the phrase I always tend to use. Processing for me is all about how we visualise the image at the time and use all the tools in our armoury to present it as we see it in our heads. You have to have both vision and technical expertise. Not many have that combination. I certainly don't have that technical ability and I doff my hat to those (and I include you in that group) that possess both the artistry and the technical expertise. Superb work Neil - I think these are fabulous images.
Thank you Mark, that means so much coming fro you :)

Well well well. Number 1 is a total stunner. Exceptional. Beautiful composition, and the foggy elimination of any detail in the background is sublime.

#2 is a bit less subtle - the line of 3 huts in #1 is more effective I think.

#3 is put to shame by #1, though excellent in its own right. But #1 - wowza. Get on with those competition entries!

Well well well. Number 1 is a total stunner. Exceptional. Beautiful composition, and the foggy elimination of any detail in the background is sublime.

#2 is a bit less subtle - the line of 3 huts in #1 is more effective I think.

#3 is put to shame by #1, though excellent in its own right. But #1 - wowza. Get on with those competition entries!
Thank you very much Andy, will prob pop it in a few comps ;)

Back