I don't care if it looks daft

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
I wore my Balaclava at Grimsby the other day.. was freezing pitchside.. Sometimes wear it to do a good job of keeping the neck area warm... but had to go full monty this time and wear it like a ninja .... it did the job :)

While on the subject.. I dont get why people are paying over the odds for special gloves or wearing fingerless.. decent not too thick pair of wooly or thermal gloves and you can use the camera as normal no problem... 2.99 off market :)

While on the subject.. I dont get why people are paying over the odds for special gloves or wearing fingerless.. decent not too thick pair of wooly or thermal gloves and you can use the camera as normal no problem... 2.99 off market :)
It also depends on the temperature and if it's raining or snowing. When it's really cold, thick ski gloves can be better. And if it's wet, some degree of waterproofing is better.

Guess people pay what they want for stuff... be it gloves, hats... or even photographs ;-)
We all put different value on things ...

On a subject of gloves ... nice old pair of ski gloves.. and bit of DIY so that can get the important fingers to operate the buttons.

I wore my Balaclava at Grimsby the other day.. was freezing pitchside.. Sometimes wear it to do a good job of keeping the neck area warm... but had to go full monty this time and wear it like a ninja .... it did the job :)

Do we get to see a picture of you with your balaclava on? Self portrait like. ;)

Because you get what you pay for, let us know next time you are out in -20 on a windy day with your 2.99 gloves.

I spent probably £150+ on the gloves for the extreme cold and worth every penny, having cold hands is not fun.

For normal cold weather like we have had over the past couple of days I use my £4.99 cycling cloves I got from Aldi. If it get even colder I add the 4.50 glove liners I got from ebay.

you get what you pay for
The marketing men would like us all to believe that old mantra. If the researchers. I know enough people in marketing to know that we rarely get what we pay for.

Last edited:
I cant see any of the sport I cover being on at -20 so not worried.. even the ice hockey got called off because the car park was iced up the other year :)

For normal cold weather like we have had over the past couple of days I use my £4.99 cycling cloves I got from Aldi. If it get even colder I add the 4.50 glove liners I got from ebay.

The marketing men would like us all to believe that old mantra. If the researchers. I know enough people in marketing to know that we rarely get what we pay.

In these conditions it's not really cold enough to test how good (or not) something is, I was talking about slightly more testing conditions.

In this county I can get away without gloves a fair bit, I found a nice little product that actually does a good job, it's called Warm Skin: http://www.warmskin.com

I don't think you can get it in this country so I ordered from the US, I wasn't expecting much but it works somehow and it's not greasy or anything so works well.

If it's -20°, I can't see many football matches going ahead haha

I have a nice cheap pair of silk undergloves and then some more expensive (£10 woah there) thin cycling gloves. They're thin enough to still use buttons and dials and switch out memory cards quickly and with the two layers, warm enough and to some extent waterproof. They've lasted 3 seasons so far and still going strong.

And Tony.... you know the saying

This thread is worthless without pictures!

I have a nice cheap pair of silk undergloves

----8<-----

This thread is worthless without pictures!

You show us yer silk under thingies and I will show you my wooly bits :)

Hehehe now there's an offer!

Don't be very, very scared, slightly fearful will be a sufficient level of terror...

Cheapskate northerners :) But I remember Grimsby as close to the water, even though I only went there in good weather. I use pink woolly iphone gloves and Auntie Wainwright hand warmers too! And a hat that I'm quite sure is mega-unflattering. But I don't look in any mirror so I don't care as long as I'm warm :) What I hate are these misty/foggy days when the camera viewfinder mists up. Roll on spring .

Last edited:
Don't be very, very scared, slightly fearful will be a sufficient level of terror...

Haha don't make me ban you :p

:asshat:

:rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO:

My headwear combo for the coldest of days is my 16 year old Fox Racing hat, with my BAM Clothing snood pulled up over the hat up to the eyes. Glove wise, I have found these 'inner' gloves are good. Can feel all the buttons, can type away and can even use an iPhone with them on.

Please wear this next time you are at Burnley! :LOL:

Back