I Fancy A Challenge, Anyone Else?

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
I really enjoyed the travelling Holga and the TP Postcard threads and I fancy doing something along those lines again.

Anyone got any ideas what we could do? Something fun and a bit challenging but easy enough for all to take part in. So, thinking caps on, suggestions in here and we'll have a poll of the ideas at the end, sound Ok? (y)

Interested parties :

Andysnap (Andy)
Menthel (Jim)
Mind of Mel (Mel)
Raglan Surf (Nick)
Simon Photo (Simon)
Mahoneyd187 (Danny)
RobHooley (Rob)
Simon Ess (Simon)
Strappy (Dean)
ChrisR (Chris)
JCoquillon (Justin)
Onform (Matt)
SimonUK (Simon)
FruitFlakes (Lloyd)
HappyGoLucky (Andrew)
Tigger.UFO (Heather)

Andy

Here you go guys.

Olympus Trip
Mind of Mel (Mel)
Simon Photo (Simon)
RobHooley (Rob)
Simon Ess (Simon)
Onform (Matt)
FruitFlakes (Lloyd)
ChrisR (Chris)
Andysnap (Andy)

Ricoh 500 or Konica CS
Menthel (Jim)
Mahoneyd187 (Danny)
Strappy (Dean)
JCoquillon (Justin)
SimonUK (Simon)
HappyGoLucky (Andrew)
Tigger.UFO (Heather)
Raglan Surf (Nick)

Last edited:
Anything as long as it doesn't involve finding time to take and develop photographs! ;)

As usual, happy to take part.

Good man Jim.

I was thinking about a variation on the Holga theme. I have a little Yashica ME that we could flirt around the country. How about 1 roll of film and 1/2/3/4 shots each, depending on how many want to take part, with a theme set for each individual by the person who had the camera before them.

Andy

Sounds interesting. Will the Yash stand up to the rigors of RM better than helga? ;)

Sounds like a great idea. If it is going to be something similar to Helga, could I suggest that folks should only get involved if they have the time. ;)

Sounds interesting. Will the Yash stand up to the rigors of RM better than helga? ;)

Its a fairly robust little camera, unlike poor old Helga. I do want to change the light seals first though, they're tackier than a Robin Asquith film (y)

Sounds like a great idea. If it is going to be something similar to Helga, could I suggest that folks should only get involved if they have the time. ;)

I agree, wouldn't want to be waiting over a year to get the challenge finished. Maybe put a 2 week timescale per person?

Good on you Mel, these challenges are always a bit of fun.

Andy

I really enjoyed following the travelling holga and would love to get in on this if your willing that is?
How about making it mandatory for each participant to take one standard shot, like the view from your front door? Or a self portrait perhaps? Would make for an interesting series?

I'm game :)

My shots may lack content though I've only ever shot fashion,and now I'm refusing to shoot anything fashion, bit of a learning curve...

...what...there are other genres of photography??? Lol

OK I'll start with a list of names of those who are interested and we'll work it out from there. I do like the idea of a mandatory shot from everyone, I'll give it some thought.

Andy

Oh go on then... Whats the worst that could happen

I'm up for it chaps, if that's ok.

I'm quite drawn to the idea mentioned of get it - take a picture from your front door - send it on.

cue 1/4 of a roll of pictures of rapidly retreating post office employees...

This could be quite a challenge to get a decent picture, the view from my front door is the front door of the flat opposite :LOL:

Count me in, please. It's about time I got back to taking some photographs.

Not sure what I'd be getting into, but I wouldn't mind a fling!

Well done chaps, the more the merrier. We may have to use 2 films now.

I'll throw a roll of film in, if needs be i'll do the developing and scanning too :)

hee hee, I missed the holga adventure.. so i'm up for this..

Maybe one weekend each then send off again asap.

Plenty of agfa or colour plus in my pound shop too.

Hope this gets off the ground as i love being part of something.
I know i suggested a mandatory shot earlier but how about something like
Your day in 3 shots? That way folks won't be waiting for the right weather, moment or whatever it will be, the day you get it or the day after cos i always miss the post lol that's the day, you have three shots to document it then off in the post?

I'll throw a roll of film in, if needs be i'll do the developing and scanning too :)

Cheers Rob, no need to worry about film but if you're ok to do the devving that would be great. (y) I take it you're set up to do colour now then?

OK How does this sound? I like the idea of a shot from the front door so we will all take one from no further away from the door than the doormat. Then another ? (insert final number here) on a theme set by the person before you. At the moment that would be 3 shots each but we'll give it a week to see if anyone else wants to jump on board. If they do I'll send out an extra fillum and we can adjust the number of shots accordingly.

Any other suggestions? Does this seem ok?

Cheers

Andy

Simon, I like your idea about the day in 3 shots but I would like to keep an element of surprise in what we have to shoot by letting someone else make the choice of subject.

We could quite easily do that one next time though. (y)

Andy

Cheers Rob, no need to worry about film but if you're ok to do the devving that would be great. (y) I take it you're set up to do colour now then?

OK How does this sound? I like the idea of a shot from the front door so we will all take one from no further away from the door than the doormat. Then another ? (insert final number here) on a theme set by the person before you. At the moment that would be 3 shots each but we'll give it a week to see if anyone else wants to jump on board. If they do I'll send out an extra fillum and we can adjust the number of shots accordingly.

Any other suggestions? Does this seem ok?

Cheers

Andy

Andy, i can do colour at the moment, i wont be able to do it when im back at uni though, so if we do colour we can either wait til im back in Leeds (every couple of months) or send it off to a proper lab (y)

OK matey we'll see how many we get and how long it takes then before deciding on the best course of action.
How's the handymanning going?

Andy

tempting - but given helga's 3 month holiday in devon sorting offices I better check what you reckon it would cost to send the yash by rmsd before i commit myself :bonk:

Go on Pete, you know you want to.....

Andy

Im in! Some young blood in the project :) RMSD a small camera will only be a fiver or so :)

You only live once!

Nice one Simon. (y)

Well done that man.

So how does this work..Are you sending a camera loaded with film for each member to take just one shot then send it to whoever's next? If so I'll have a go (y)

Good man Andrew.
It depends on how many people we get but in theory I send the camera on its way with a theme for the shots to be taken (say 3 each) and that person sends to the next on the list with their idea for the next theme and so on. When the list is complete it comes back to me with the last theme and I finish off the film, get it deved and put up the results in a thread for all to see.

If we have 18 participants then 2 rolls will give us 4 shots each. If we have a turn-round time of a desirable but unlikely 1 week per tog that will already take us to half way through November and with it the usual complaints of lack of light, preparing for Christmas blah, blah, blah. Now I love these projects but think there might be more success to be had from smaller groups, what are your thoughts Andy?

Yeh, I see your point Nick. What about if we split it into 2 and have 2 cameras doing the same challenge? We just need another small, cheap snapper to send into the great unknown.

Andy

Back