I Give Up On SAFARI..

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
No
Over the years I've generally been happy enough on Safari although I've always had Chrome and FF installed too. No longer!! The current version won't open certain pages, won't open certain links on eBay, won't open links from Google images, doesn't seem to like youtube any more... I'm not sure if some settings on my MacBook have changed themselves but using Safari is currently like pulling teeth. Have now given up and using FF as standard browser. Anyone else been having these issues or is it just me?

I have had similar, but only after adding the AdGuard plugin for Safari. If I disable that, all is well.

No problems with Safari here. I always have Chrome, FF etc installed and use them occasionally but they are more inconvenient being less integrated.

I have had similar, but only after adding the AdGuard plugin for Safari. If I disable that, all is well.

I have Adguard too and that probably is what's doing it in fairness. I was juggling the settings to that yesterday and whitelisted eBay but links were still being blocked. Hewy ho. I'll see how FF works for a bit. A few other things were annoying me with Safari so it'll be good to try something else.

Microsoft Edge new style is really good try that

I’m a brave user too. It’s based on Chrome but without all the bloat. No need fo ad / tracker blockers as it’s all built in.

the only issue I’ve had is that the tracking blockers block browser fingerprinting which means my bank was sending me a code for everything I did. It took me a while to realise what was happening but disabled the blockers on my banks domain and all fixed.

I only use Safari on my 2 MacBook Pros.. No issues at all. I use IE, Edge, Chrome & Firefox on my windows laptops & no issues with them either..

No problem for me with Safari. I have FF but rarely use it...

Back