I learnt a very valuable lesson today (part 2)

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
In London today with loads of good sky/light ~ after taking about 60 shots, realised that they weren't taken at ISO100 but at ISO.......................1600 [smilie=t:

Hey ho - a quantum leap of incompetence!

Hopefully RawShooter/CS2 noise reduction twiddly bits will sort it 0_o

Aaaaagh!

Bet you wont do it again though. :wink:

Done that a few times now :eek:ops:

I have a routine now where I double check everything before I go out. Charged batteries, empty CF card (in the camera!). Iso on 100, WB on cloudy (using RAW it doesn't seem to matter though) and make sure everything is clean.

This is probably my only real gripe about Canon DSLR's - not displaying the ISO, as I've done exactly the same thing after forgetting to change it back.

Adrian said:
This is probably my only real gripe about Canon DSLR's - not displaying the ISO, as I've done exactly the same thing after forgetting to change it back.
Agreed! We keep on shouting about this, but nobody at Canon seems to be listening. :x

silkstone said:
Adrian said:
Agreed! We keep on shouting about this, but nobody at Canon seems to be listening. :x

It can be displayed on mine using one of the custom functions.

I've now learnt to press the "info" button as soon as the camera's switched on.

Digital SPG said:
Done that a few times now :eek:ops:

I have a routine now where I double check everything before I go out. Charged batteries, empty CF card (in the camera!). Iso on 100, WB on cloudy (using RAW it doesn't seem to matter though) and make sure everything is clean.

Why on cloudy, and not on auto? Auto does a fantastic job on mine in all outdoor situations... copes with changes from cloudy to sunny easily. If I use cloudy, everything comes out very warm if the sun comes out.

milou said:
Hopefully RawShooter/CS2 noise reduction twiddly bits will sort it 0_o

Is CS2 released yet? I must admit I get a little bored of keeping up to the minute... I just wait for someone to tell me it's out these days :LOL:

Back